Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Originally posted by Fireglock

...I know a certain red head that has a larger waist size though. ;f

Maybe so, but at least the "roof" over my waist doesn't enter the room before I do.;f ;f ;f

Remember it is all in jest....Jest Aggravation!!!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Originally posted by glockNstein

Maybe so, but at least the "roof" over my waist doesn't enter the room before I do.;f ;f ;f

Remember it is all in jest....Jest Aggravation!!!
NozzleDick's teeth enters the room FIRST!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Dan

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Festus,

I'm home after having my right hip replaced, 27 days ago. I'm still on crutches, but the PAIN is gone. The first couple days, morphine can really be your friend, but after that it's smooth sailing.

Haven't been to the range yet. Maybe in several weeks.

Hope to see you at a GSSF match.

Jay

·
Registered
822 Posts
Jay, thanks for the mentoring on the hip(mine will be the right as well)I hope to be on the range in the third week because the first match I intend to participate in is Indy...I have ordered my GLOCK TALK shirts so it should be easier to recongnize people....I also have plans for Minnesota, Hallsville and Lexington are any of these on your agenda? By the way I want to thank all for your words of encouragement D Day is April 22...I have been trying to get things at work in order and have been remiss in visiting the board;f

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm on the other side of the Rockies. I'll be shoot'n the Roseburg, OR match, in June. Then I'll be mov'n to the SE and shoot'n as many matches as I can in those parts, this fall.

I have an "un-cemented" hip, so my recovery is a little longer then the "cemented" hip variety. But, I'll be good and ready in June.

My goals? I'll just let my Glock do the talk'n.

Hang in there Festus, the surgery is a good thing.

Sua Sponte

Jay

·
Registered
822 Posts
Jay....i am going for the uncemented as well hope Doc can get me along sooner....looks like we will have to plan a meet somewhere in the middle of Oregon and Indy....good luck this year ;f

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Fireglock

Well I am bigger than most, faster than most ,and as to easy, that is debatable. I know a certain red head that has a larger waist size though. ;f
:) Hey Jerry...they're only invious pal

·
Which is worse?
2,952 Posts
I thought I'd bring this back to the top so everyone could review their goals after Waldorf. :) After 5 matches it might be a good time for revisions. ;f

·
"No Compromise"
1,044 Posts
Well I would have to say my goals certainly changed since the original post in February! ;f

·
Registered
822 Posts
FireGlock...congrats on your Am Civ. win at Richmond....since you brought this thresd to the top...Goals are the same...I have 6 weeks to get into shape....the hip is fine and I was able to shoot (4) times this week....I have (2) more weeks before I am released by the doctor so I hope that I can make great gains in preparation for Indy.Besides the hip, new glasses to see the front sight have helped immensely...the 3-1/2# connectors from Matt are a real boost....now practice...practice ....practice. ;f

·
Which is worse?
2,952 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing well Festus. A light smooth trigger helps but not as much as those glasses will! I have found mine to be a lifesaver. If you can set up the match try using BobbyC's paper plate targets, they really make you slow down and aim! Thanks for the congrats, things are moving a little better than I expected.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have used the paper plates as of last year ....I need about 3 more practice rounds before I start the plates....I am also learning to stand on two legs and still favor the one, but this will pass as well, with practice....fortunately my doctor says the best rehab is GSSF shooting...thanks again.;a

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since I just started i'm a little behind but my goals are:
1 Have a good time (already acomplished)
2 Meet some new people (check)
3 Learn something about shooting better (working on it)
4 Shoot steadier, srtaighter and quicker (I think this one will always be a work in progress)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
GlockMom
Welcome to GT!!!
You have very good goals and the people here on the GSSF board will be glad to give you all the advice you desire!!
But be careful with the advice you might get from Fireglock or DTOM, they might lead you astray!:rolleyes: Just kidding guys!;f
Good Luck and I hope to meet some day at a GSSF match!
Dan:)

G

·
Festus/Jay:

Good luck with your hips. Recovery is the pits! I going on 7 years on the right one and plan on having the left on done in the next year or so.
The good news is that with the current technology they are lasting longer and at at this point are uncertain how long they will last if you take care of them.

Regards, Mike Finch
Team Sidearmor
Leadheads Bullets

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks Mike...they want my other hip as well, but I can actually walk....I plan to take care of the replacement...I did not in the past....thank God for Gssf so people like us can still participate and compete casually...( at least I do)...again the goal is to compete in Indy on two feet......practice ....practice...practice... ;f

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.