Go to McDonalds and get a Big Smack

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by huskerbuttons, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:22 PM.

1. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

Ice cream cones are for pansies.
    http://www.fox19.com/story/37959182/mcdonalds-manager-slaps-customer-who-made-racial-comments

JACKSONVILLE, FL (WJXT/CNN) – A McDonald’s manager caught on camera hitting a customer says she’s embarrassed by the incident, which she claims took place after the customer got frustrated over how long it took to get her food order.

Video shot by a customer at a Jacksonville, FL, McDonald’s shows manager Ciarrea Williams walk from behind the counter and hit a female customer.

Williams says she wants to apologize for the incident and that she wishes there had been a different outcome.

The manager explains the customer seen in the video had become frustrated over how long it took to get her food. She claims the woman then began verbally abusing the staff, with her comments even turning “racial.”

According to Williams, the woman, who is white, told the manager, who is black, she makes $1200 per week and that “McDonald’s employees are very poor” and “need to be standing in the Section 8 line in the morning.”

“I turned around to say ‘that’s it’ because I had other customers waiting. ‘That’s it. I draw the line. I draw the line at your cursing and profanity at me and my workers,” Williams said. “And I said, 'Ma'am, I’ll just give you a refund, give you your food and you still can have a nice day.'"

At that point, the confrontation turned physical, Williams says, as the woman threw two drinks at her. One, a hot drink, didn’t hit Williams, but the second one, a soda, did.

The soda left her drenched and humiliated in front of her co-workers and other customers, Williams says.

That’s when the video shot by the customer began, showing the manager come from behind the counter and physically confronting the woman.

“At that moment, no one can tell you what it feels like – at that moment,” Williams said.

Williams has worked for McDonald’s for more than seven years. As of Friday night, she was still employed, but the company is investigating the incident.

A witness disputes Williams’ story, saying the manager was being verbally abusive to her employees and that the customer complained about the behavior.

A criminal defense attorney says Williams could be charged with battery and the customer, too, could face charges.

Copyright 2018 WJXT via CNN. All rights reserved.

2. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Think I'd last about 1/2 an hour at McD's before I lost the show on some jerk customer.

SRS, Taco Junkie, JBnTX and 11 others like this.

3. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

If people actually say stuff that bad, go ahead and smack them.

4. dac1204

dac1204

Wonder if this is the one by my house?

Takes twenty minutes to get a cup of water there. Don’t think about food.

Asked for their new turtle brownie one day and the person told me they didn’t have any ice cream because the machine was down.

I then asked for a chocolate Sunday (which has ice cream) and he gave me the total and I pulled around.

They are lazy and just didn’t want to make anything that required more then 30 seconds of work.

Paul53 and catman71 like this.
  5. Struggle_Russ

Struggle_Russ

One of my rules in life has been, "Never **** with the people who make your food."
    I don't think you have to go out of your way to be extra nice or anything, just be a decent person and remember the are human beings.
    I can't judge the manager because I know how my reaction would go if someone threw drinks at/on me.
    Although, $1200 a week and the customer is eating McDonald's and getting mad? What gives...

GamerGirl, mj9mm, Atomic Punk and 3 others like this.
  6. Dynactus

Dynactus

Twilight Zone. Welcome to "America 2018". Better damn well keep your powder dry.

7. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I wonder if I make $1,200 a week....:headscratch:

KWalrad, Steel Head, mj9mm and 2 others like this.
  8. Liftedpsd2010

Liftedpsd2010

I’ll never complain before I get my food I will wait a day and call corporate. I don’t need them spitting in my food. I also don’t want them recognizing me so hopefully the day or so later they forget what I look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mj9mm and Fred Hansen like this.
  9. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

Should have went to McDowells home of the Big Mic

10. Adjuster

Adjuster

Has McDonalds always been home of the crazies? It seems to have really ramped up the past few years!

/

11. El Viajero

El Viajero

Can't say I blame her. Sometimes people need to be smacked.

12. peng

peng

Immediate flashback. Not the most famous scene in this movie...but very good.

"I'm so tired of dealing with incompetents. It says 100% guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick 100% of your *** !"

13. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

The violent left speaks.

14. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Yep really careful with who makes my food. Part of why I like subway. I see it being made.
    I have left restaurant after complaining. I refuse offer to remake meal. (And will pay for what I ordered if THEY don't offer to make it free). I can recall once.
    Couple times where they "forgot" about my table. If before order put in I leave. If later I forget tip.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  15. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Once the manager offered the **** her money back plus the food for free, the **** should have shut her hole. If a person is making over a grand a week, and they are still eating at McDonald's in Floriduh, they need a good smack to smarten them up anyway. And throwing **** at someone 5 weight classes above her own? Suicidal. She's lucky she was able to walk away.

I hate it when a restaurant has trashy/slow/stupid workers. You know what I do about it? I don't eat there. What a concept.

The commie troll is right for once.

KWalrad, FullClip, OregonG20 and 2 others like this.
  16. GlockTrader45

GlockTrader45

That’s the one with the golden arcs right?

badge315 likes this.
  17. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Back when i worked at Mickey d's, I was physically assaulted twice. One guy threw his entire bag of food at me. He claimed i shorted his wife $10 in change.

Another guy reached over the counter to grab me because he didn't want to pay the full amount of the order. It was $20 and change. He gave me a $20 and told me to cover the change. He had been a problem customer many times and I asked him to leave when he tried to start the fight.

Some people take their fast food very seriously.

18. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I know what you mean. I was paid twice a month. Not really sure what I made per week.
    If I employed someone who threw drinks at McDonalds' employees, I'd fire them.

Ratch, G30SF/F-250 and Fred Hansen like this.
  19. Berto

Berto woo woo

If you play it right, you sometimes can kick the ELS out of a customer, and have the police come remove them. It's trickier these days, but usually the ******* isn't the one filming.

20. Bradley T

Bradley T