close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Go Karts = Fun

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DanaT, Jun 15, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

This morning I did something that was actually quite a blast.

I took the kido to drive some Karts. She did well for being her first time. She managed to stay on the track which for a 7 year old, I would say was a good first day.

OF course she was scared to really drive fast. I stayed with her and had one lap by myself.

These things were fun. The kart i had would go 65mph. It was about 1 mile road course (we had to alternate between some motorcycles, a car, and then the karts). The little things felt amazingly fast and made me feel like an F1 driver.

For some reason, I know have an urge to buy one. There is an add up for a 115mph kart at the track.....

But if you ge a chance..run these karts...

2. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I used to build and crash race them when I was a kid.

>>once you start playing with chainsaw and old motorcycle engines, it's easy to get hurt quick.<<

Later, as a teenager, we had Malibu Grand Prix tracks around. They were serious little cars that could go faster than you would.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

3. elsolo

elsolo

Most forms of racing can't begin to touch the performance of shifter carts. Having your ass two inches off the asphalt makes it more exciting too.

4. bmoore

bmoore

My friend used to race 125cc shifter karts. Absolutely unreal. Paddle shifting, disc brakes all around..........etc. I forget what the seconds were for zero to 100mph back down to zero were. I just remember the braking being just as impressive.

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I think they claim 0-60 in slightly over 3 seconds.

6. bmoore

bmoore

That sounds close. This was 0 to 100 to 0 in like ten seconds I think. It was incredible.