close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Go Karts = Fun

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DanaT, Jun 15, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

This morning I did something that was actually quite a blast.

I took the kido to drive some Karts. She did well for being her first time. She managed to stay on the track which for a 7 year old, I would say was a good first day.

OF course she was scared to really drive fast. I stayed with her and had one lap by myself.

These things were fun. The kart i had would go 65mph. It was about 1 mile road course (we had to alternate between some motorcycles, a car, and then the karts). The little things felt amazingly fast and made me feel like an F1 driver.

For some reason, I know have an urge to buy one. There is an add up for a 115mph kart at the track.....

But if you ge a chance..run these karts...

2. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I used to build and crash race them when I was a kid.

>>once you start playing with chainsaw and old motorcycle engines, it's easy to get hurt quick.<<

Later, as a teenager, we had Malibu Grand Prix tracks around. They were serious little cars that could go faster than you would.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

3. elsolo

elsolo

Most forms of racing can't begin to touch the performance of shifter carts. Having your *** two inches off the asphalt makes it more exciting too.

4. bmoore

bmoore

My friend used to race 125cc shifter karts. Absolutely unreal. Paddle shifting, disc brakes all around..........etc. I forget what the seconds were for zero to 100mph back down to zero were. I just remember the braking being just as impressive.

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I think they claim 0-60 in slightly over 3 seconds.

6. bmoore

bmoore

That sounds close. This was 0 to 100 to 0 in like ten seconds I think. It was incredible.