Go hunting or fishing?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Sharker, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Sharker

Sharker

I got a call from my hunting/fishing buddy... wants to go hit the woods or water this weekend! Either go offshore and catch some large Tiger sharks, cobia, grouper, snapper, and Kingfish... or head to the woods and try to arrow a pig! Weather appears to be pushing us into the woods for now! A Noreaster is pushing in on us tonight!

Guess either way, I need to practice my shooting! Damn hard to find time and room to shoot!

2. MD Mountain Man

MD Mountain Man Guest

That is a terrible dilemma you have there.;) . Personally, I choose to shoot my bow at dinner every time but fishing isn't the worst alternative. Happy hunting.

3. noway

noway

go hunting the fishes will always be available if you miss out and perform the hunt ;)

just my 2 cts.

I'll take any day in the woods over any day on the water. ;)

4. Sharker

Sharker

I hear ya! I think we are going to go fishing... weather is cooperating now (according to NOAA which has left me hung out to dry more than once). I can pig hunt anytime now, but up here, we have weather changes (seasons if you would call them that) so the type of fishing we do is only viable another 2 months. I can put WAY more meat in the ice box fishing than I can hunting! We regularly catch slob cobia, grouper, snapper, and pelagics when we fish off our coast. We do this while shark fishing, big sharks, Tigers... 10 footers are average... Big is when they tape out over 13 foot (1000#s plus). Biggest yet was 14.5 foot.

5. MD Mountain Man

MD Mountain Man Guest

Well I have to say that sounds like a hell of a fishing trip. Can't really go wrong unless the seas get big and you go:puking: .:animlol:

You know I was thinking you ought to get in the water and do some spear fishing for those Tigers. THAT would be exciting and would be the best of both worlds!:outtahere:

6. Los Suenos

Los Suenos Guest

Either way I'm sure you had a great time; can't wait to hear about it. I just started to get the urge to nail some hogs. Usually happens as the days get shorter and hopefully cooler.

7. Sharker

Sharker

Well, it wound up being fishing, and inshore. We could have run out to the tiger hole, but my buddy had run 65 miles out the day before and took a beating on the way in due to a storm they ran into!

I took my cousins 11 year old boy with us, and he had a blast. Caught a 33 inch red on 10 pound test, some huge blue fish, some big jacks 2 grouper (really odd to catch inshore) and a few flounder. We had hoped to catch a tarpon or two, but the mullet migration is on, so the fish have plenty of food to eat, making our baits less attractive!

Went again yesterday (Labor day) and managed to only dig out some small jacks, a 4 foot hammer head shark, a sting ray, and some other trash fish! Thats ok though, as we did get 20 pounds of shrimp and had a cook out with 35 of my closest friends! Unfortunately the Seminoles lost to ruin my day!