close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Go figure - 45% of New military vets receiving disability...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eurodriver, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-impact-almost-half-vets-seek-disability-160656481.html

I've been saying this over and over again.

These guys have any little thing in their medical record and then get 20-30% for the rest of their life.

I know many who've done it, some never even completed their 4 years. They got in, never deployed, and then were discharged because of some bogus ailment like "Back pain".

I blame this on people like the VA representative who, at our TAPS class upon separation, repeated over and over "write that **it down, get it documented and then you get your percentage upped."

For the record, I could easily get disability (not like that's saying much among today's crop) but I consider it a disgrace to those who have truely earned it.

Like this guy.

[​IMG]

2. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I served with all kinds of goldbricking ****bags who had no business wearing the uniform. This kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all.

3. CBennett

CBennett

If they are due it they are due it and more power to them. If not they should not be getting it...I know my brother in law is 100% disability due to his truck hitting a IED and him suffering brain and back injuries. I also know it took them over a YEAR to actually start him getting his disability in which time he lost a truck and had the sherriffs at his house wanting to throw him in jail cause he got behind on his child care payments he owes his wife cause she decided to cheat on him while he was over in iraq...

pretty efficient and nice of the government to tell him he cant work at all...but then refuse to pay him...typical government efficiency....youd never know to look at him anything was wrong..till you talk to him and after talking a bit he would totally forget what he was even taking about...

God bless Our Troops!

4. Powder

Powder

I've seen paraplegics and people with down syndrome hold down various full-time jobs.......

5. CBennett

CBennett

He wants to work they wont let him he was working at home depot doing some kind of stocking job till they MADE him quit...Im not 100% sure how this stuff works but when they did his paperwork the VA put him on this he didnt say...hey can I get this....it was only later he found out he was gonna have to NOT work.

6. PSG

PSG

Haters going to hate.

SFC ( Retired)

7. bunk22

bunk22

How many years did you serve again? The article seems to chalk much of this up to those with problems associated with combat or combat related tours.

Now, who were these guys with little to nothing in their medical record? You looked in their medical record? Specifically, what were their issues and what was their compensation?

8. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Oh man, looks like the hornets nest is already getting started.

Are you seriously going to tell me someone who served 16 months in peace time is due 30% disability for "hearing loss" and "knee pain"?

This is a result of a generation of Americans who have played video games until their 18th birthday and would have these problems if they had actually gone outside their houses anyway.

Previously, they never would have been allowed to enlist because these issues would have cropped up prior to MEPS.

9. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

A couple of my esteemed fellow devildogs tried telling me to purposely flunk the audiogram that they give you before you get out. They told me that you can get hooked up with disability by doing this, because it looks like your hearing loss was caused by our job (Harrier mechanic.)

I told them to piss off.

10. Detectorist

Detectorist

Yes, you should file. You can't even read.

It's NOT 45% receiving disability. it's 45% applying for disability.

Please get your facts straight. I don't know of any other Vet that hates the military as much as you do.

11. PSG

PSG

It would appear his bad attitude was caused by poor raising , at home and in the military.

Dud officers and dud NCOs produce dud soldiers .

12. carloglock19

carloglock19

If you are not faking an injury to receive benefits through the VA than whats the problem. So what you are saying is that only combat wounded vets should be allowed VA benefits. Twenty plus years of military service will put a lot of wear and tear on your body so what you are saying is that unless wounded in combat you should not even think about getting disability.....yeah ok.

13. CAcop

CAcop

Couple of questions.

How many years active duty?

Did you ever deploy to a combat zone?

What was your job in the USMC?

What rank did you leave at?

I asked because some of my new coworkers broke their ass in the military and have disability ratings. It would be safe to say they would take exception to your comments.

14. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

nevermind

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  15. CombatCamera

CombatCamera

I am using the VA for my health care, and will be putting in a claim. Even if you do not get rated its at least document and it will be taken care of for you. I don't think thats taking advantage of anything, the military takes a toll on your body for sure!

16. BigSteven34

BigSteven34

Probably got crap duty from all of the NCO's, wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last either. The military is rough on you...even if you aren't wounded in combat.

17. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

What ever happened to your plan to contract Thai A.I.D.S.?

18. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

yes
    Earned Sgt three months before my EAS

I know its cool to talk **** on me but my SRB speaks for itself

19. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Yep, certainly does.

:rofl:

20. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

this is why I won't tell ohio copper anything about myself.

because when you're dealing with king **** types on the internet, whether they be armed forces or LEO or both (or neither), no background or experience you have will ever meet their stringent standards of badassedness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.