close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gmail help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by harlenm, Mar 8, 2006.

1. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Is there anyway to turn off spam settings in gmail?

I have one yahoo email address set to forward to gmail, and then forwards it to another yahoo address. The point of this is that yahoo forwards the message before it comes in, but gmail saves it in the inbox before forwarding it, and I'd like to save a copy of the email outside of my main email inbox.

The problem is that some of the messages get marked as spam by gmail, and it doesn't get forwarded to the final yahoo address.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Umm, no.

Why the runaround?

Just curious. If you can give us some idea of what this is meant to accomplish, I'm sure we can be of more help.

3. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Like I said, Yahoo doesn't save a copy of the email if you have forwarding set.

Yesterday my regular Yahoo account went crazy, deleted all my messages, and now doesn't work.

I'm trying to find a way to forward email from 1 account to another, but I want to keep a copy of the origingal email outside of the forwarded inbox.

I created another email address in Yahoo and if my original can be fixed, then great, but if not, oh well.

It looks like gmail won't work for what I'm trying to do because it catches everything in the spam filter.

I just have to hope that this problem with Yahoo doesn't happen again.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein Libertarian

So you want gmail to forward your emails without saving them or having them caught in a spam filter?

To forward without saving: create a filter so that the emails coming from xyz@yahoo.com are forwarded to [your other email addy] then deleted. There are five boxes. Skip inbox, star, apply label, forward, delete. Just make sure you have forward and delete checked.

To make sure it wont get caught in the spam filter add that email to your contacts list.

Any other questions shoot me a PM.

I have my primary email set up such that I have secondary addresses that filter into my main email but are presorted into folders. If I need to look at an email that was sent to one of the secondary email addresses then I just go to that folder. It keeps my inbox clear of crap so that only things that I need to see are in there. Everything else gets sorted. Gmail is great for this kind of thing. Also, it makes it easier to have 'fake' email addresses to put on those forms that nearly every site makes you fill out.