close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gluing a +2 ext onto a mag

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dogman 10x, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dogman 10x

Dogman 10x

I was wondering
    If anyone has ever put a few drops of glue onto their +2 Glock floorplates as a extra bit of insurance to prevent them from blowing out and failing ?

No here comes the ****storm of comments but I have seen them
    Blow out. A mag is maybe $20? So when the mag with the glued bottom goes
    - I'll toss it!

2. cablecutter

cablecutter

if you have to glue it... isn't that a sign of unreliability? just take off the +2 floorplate IMO

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

3. ku4hx

ku4hx

I've got 100+ magazines and never had a problem with any bottom plate, factory or otherwise, coming off when I didn't want it too. I've had quite the opposite "problem" in a few cases.

4. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I did years ago to two G-26 mag (+) 2 bottoms, they are still loaded and actualy make each of the 10 rd mag a 13 rdr's.
    However, new designs and purposes for those mags have arisen and I wish now I would have not glued the base plates on.

5. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

People who have their +2 floor plates come off aren't using the insert. The OEM floor plates are a 2 piece affair. I've never had one pop off in 20 years, and they get loaded to the max, dropped on concrete, slammed around, etc.

6. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Believe it or not, during my time on the NYPD, I had a female partner whose Glock 19 mag "blew out" while she was driving and dumping 15 rounds in the drivers seat! Totally stock mag, for some reason the floorplate popped off...she never disassembled the mag to the best of her knowledge, so I doubt it was reassembled incorrectly...I witnessed it myself...can happen to stock mags as well, on the flip side I have had +2 ext on my G26 mags for years with no problems...

7. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Ditto, I use the Glock OEM +2 extensions and have no problems with mine with a couple of hundred reloads. I like the ease of disassembly of all the Glock componets. No glue is necessary.

8. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

if you put the +2 floor plate on right, there is no way it can just "blow out" under normal circumstances. they are such a PITA to get off in the first place. i see no reason to glue anything. put them on correctly and you wont have an issue. i have almost 2000 rounds through a couple +2's and have let them drop near every reload, and they get loaded to the max.

9. Dogman 10x

Dogman 10x

I just figure- mags are cheap- a few drops a insurance goes a long way....

10. SCC

SCC just me

I have had a +2 come off the 33 round mag all stock mags had it in a glock 1 gun bag carried it every were i went .. all the ammo was in the bag ...

11. Patriot III

Patriot III

This. The only malfunctions I have ever experienced with any Glock was when I used +2 extensions. Needless to say, I don't own any anymore.