GlockWorx Trigger Issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ryucasta, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

A couple of months ago I purchased two triggers from GlockWorx and while at first I was satisfied with these triggers I can no longer in good faith recommend them since now both triggers safeties have stopped functioning. This problem started after firing less than 2000 rounds through them both. With all of the Glock triggers that I have purchased over the years from Vanek, NHO, CGR, DMW, SJC and Sotelo’s I have never had this type of failure occur and while it could happen what are the odds of it happening to two triggers that were purchased at the same time?

2. Suburban

Suburban

Can you explain the problem is more detail? Is the trigger not returning far enough forward for the trigger safety to catch on the frame, or. . . .?

3. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

The trigger and the trigger safety are returning/resetting fine and it goes bang every time. The problem is that the trigger safety doesn’t have to be pressed to make the gun go bang. If you press the trigger from the side without pressing the trigger safety the gun goes off.

I am having an associate of mine look at these triggers in greater detail to see if any of the other safeties are also disengaged. Like I stated earlier I can understand if one trigger goes bad due to a defective part etc but when two do the exact same thing in two different Glock’s that my friend is dangerous.

4. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Is the trigger safety not going forward or has it been cut too short? Is the trigger resetting far enough forward for the trigger safety to engage?
    A picture of the trigger bar would help.

5. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

The safety is resetting to a forward position it’s just not engaging on both triggers. So in a nutshell if you press the trigger from the side without pressing on the trigger safety the gun will go bang. Regarding a picture as I said in my Z06 posting once I find the docking station I will be more than happy to upload a picture of the Corvette and the triggers.

6. hankfan79

hankfan79

Trigger is modified. I do not experience this problem. I would be more than happy to post pictures of mine. I am assuming that you had a accidental discharge? Speak with Alex from GlockWorx on this matter, I am sure he will make it good.:thumbsup:

Just have to be careful. Proper gun handling can prevent 99% of the accidents that occur.

Wes

7. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Hank,

I don’t doubt that GlockWorx will do right by the customer but for me I don’t have a lot of faith in those triggers since what are the odds that two will go bad?

As of right now I will be relegating these two triggers to the unused parts bin and replace them with Vanek triggers since these have always functioned flawlessly for me over the years.

8. GlockWORX

GlockWORX Guest

Raul,

Let me begin by saying, “we sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with the trigger kits you purchased from us." We do back our products 100% and in the more than 350 triggers we have made in the past 3 months there has been only one other reported safety malfunction.

To address your quality speculation regarding the likely hood on this happening to multiple triggers in the same order, all the trigger kits in a given order are built during the same period of time, including our safety modification. Sense you purchased your trigger kits we have made updates to multiple parts of our competition trigger kit and all customers with older versions are eligible for a free upgrade, as posted in a news article on our website.

We would have preferred you contact us directly prior to publicly slamming our products and company. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so please do not hesitate to give us a call. We will gladly accept your trigger kits for either exchange or a 100% cash back refund.

-Regards
    Adam Gruen
    Vice President
    GlockWORX

9. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Adam,

I find your remarks on slamming your product to be disappointing since in my opinion when it comes to firearms SAFETY is FIRST. I also find it extremely irresponsible of you to have not notified your paying customers directly of the fixes that have been done to your products vs. relying on a posting on your website.

I was not aware of these fixes to the product until you mentioned it in your post on GlockTalk. God forbid what would have happened if these triggers had gone off by accident and they would have killed or maimed an innocent bystander? Have you thought of what the consequences would be?

These triggers that I have purchased from you are an accident waiting to happen and if something was to have happened with your triggers in my firearms they would first come after me in a civil case. I would strongly suggest you start contacting those customers that purchased your product in good faith about these fixes so that way they can decide if to accept an offer similar to the one you are making to me.

On a side note I personally have no vested/financial interest in any firearms accessories vendor’s products I purchase them with my HARD EARNED DOLLARS and I am beholden to none of the vendors since I have yet to receive from any of the vendors that I have purchased products from over the years a free ride.

I chose to post on this forum mainly because this is where I found out about your product and while at first I recommended it until proven otherwise I now cannot in good conscience do so any longer.

10. Yar

Yar

I too am not affiliated with any product. I am a consumer like 99.9% of the people on this board. These are my opinions and strictly my opinions.

First off I agree safety takes precedence over all other concerns. Especially true in our sport.

That being said it is the responsibility of the shooter to check the safety of the modifications of he has done to his firearms even if it was done by a well known gunsmith or somebody who dabbles in gunsmithing. In regards to triggers this is especially true. I had a trigger job done on my CZ-75 that would hammer follow when the slide was dropped. IT went back to the person doing the trigger job and it was fixed. Good thing I thoroughly tested it before I put live ammo though it. Even fitted triggers need to be tested.

I had another trigger job done by a person on this board that hands down had the reputation of having the finest trigger for the glock for the last 2 years or so. His trigger at first move the reset point forward which I could not adjust to. To his credit he worked with me sending the gun back several times back and forth until it was done to my needs. The safe action safety on this trigger is a little touchy. It works, but if you pull the trigger 1/8th of the way without firing the shot and release it the safe action safety is disabled. You are now able to pull the trigger using the edge of the trigger without touching the safe action safety and in theory it will fire. To me that was not a big deal in that first the safety works fine if somebody were to do a initial check of it before the match, second you still had to pull the trigger to get it to fire. I did drop test it on carpet like I do all my competition guns it did not fire (used snap caps). This was also a fitted trigger.

I have yet to have a issue with my glockworxs trigger. To be honest I'm not presently shooting it. I was evaluating a prototype for a while and it was close to meeting my needs. I was told that a production model was coming out soon that would address my preferences regarding the feel of the trigger reset. I have gone back to a resprung factory trigger with 5 lbs connector until I'm given the updated glockworxs trigger to evaluate.
    It is no secret that I regularly squad with some of the key people associated with glockworxs. I do think they have a great product but as a consumer I have a few reservations. First as a drop in kit as opposed to a fitted kit there will be variance. This by itself means that it is imperative the shooter test and evaluate the trigger for safety and preference. Second the guys truly are perfectionist thus they are always looking to make refinements. This means you have to stay up to date on what improvements have been made. I get this information word of moth from the guys themselves and it has me baffled at times. I can only imagine what it would be like to get it from a emailed newsletter that you have to sign up for on their website. Anyone that has ever worked for a perfectionist might have similar experiences. These are not guys trying to get a product that is "good enough" out there and thus get the $$$ rolling in. They truly strive to be the best.

Not sure if this is inside information but they are having every part of the fire control mechanism redone to the point of having their own strikers, springs, connectors, trigger bars, and triggers made. It will be a completely aftermarket kit with little or no factory parts. This is also the same kit that I am waiting on to evaluate.

Yes there are concerns and if one wanted to they could make a good argument either way. In fact I would welcome you to do so. I know Glockworxs, Vanec, Novak, and CGR would be able to take feedback both positive, constructive, and even negative to improve their products. That only helps us consumers.

11. GlockWORX

GlockWORX Guest

Raul,
    Let me appologize and hopefully rephrase what my associate has posted. I think he took it personal that someone would just go straight to the forum and post something without even contacting us first. I am not trying to justify what he has said but am extremely upset with the way he has dealt with this matter.

I agree with you 100% and safety is by far the most important thing when you are using any firearms! We have sent out a newsletter to our customers informing them on the updates that we have made including trigger spring, trigger bar mods, and trigger and we recently changed our site and must have lost some of our customer database since you have not recieved any emails. So i will be posting a public update on the forum for anyone that has not yet recieved this email. We will also be going through our database and adding any individuals such as yourself to the list to ensure that you recieve these updated emails. As we state on our site and like Ray said we are constantly making improvements and trying to develop the best posible drop in kit for glocks, and we rely on our customers for feedback. As of now only one other person has had this problem so we immediatly went back and made sure further modifcations were made to strengthen the safety.

Instead of just tossing the triggers in your parts kit i would greatly appreciate it if you could please send them back to us (we will pay all shipping) so we can study them and make sure that our new modification has fixed this problem. I know you have stated that you have given up on our products which we respectfully understand but would still like to send you out 2 of our newest kits which have all of the following updates that i have previously stated. We know that people work hard for their money and we are not a company that makes parts to get as much money as possible which is why we try and make our kits as affortable as possible, and stand by all our products so if you do not want to recieve the upgraded kit we would be more then happy to give you a full refund.

Feedback and customer satisfaction is extremely important to us we want our customers to be 100% satisfied with our products, and once again appologize for your disatisfiction in our product.

Please contact me personally so we can get this taken care of.
    Best Regards,
    Alec Wolf
    GlockWORX President
    [email protected]

12. Cliff Cargill

Cliff Cargill Guest

13. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Here is the bottom line on Glock triggers. It is very easy to do a 2-3 lb Glock trigger. One does not even need the gun to make these parts. When you venture into the sub 1 1/2 lb realm the whole gun is needed. Glocks are built to very loose tolerances. They also use at least two different suppliers of trigger bars.
    A 1 lb Glock trigger is living pretty much on the edge. My G34 has a sub 1 lb trigger. I have a little over 5,000 rounds on it without any issues.
    The trigger bar finger pad will have to be relocated to get to the very low trigger weights if you use a stock trigger spring. When you start altering the trigger bar geometry you had better know what you are doing.

14. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

You gamer.

15. Joe D

Joe D Guest

When you are old and slow you need every advantage you can get over the young guns.