Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have they started to ship them yet? If so has anyone received theres yet and if so I need a review. I am thinking of putting one in a limited glock I am building.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
I havent placed an order yet but it sure looks interesting.I think I want one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It looks nice, but at $150, I'm too cheap to buy one. If i wanted to spend that much money on gun internals, I'd go with a 1911.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been tossing around the idea. I spoke with Glockworx on the phone Monday to ask some questions about it. Sounds like a do-it-all trigger system. Very appealing. The ability to fully control both pre-travel and overtravel to the user's preference sounds great. The only concern I would have is with someone who doesn't understand the Glock system safeties. I was going to order a trigger package from them a few months ago but decided to wait for this one to come out.

Once I find out if I have a buyer for my current trigger system, I'll be placing an order for the Fulcrum. If I get it, I'll be sure to post an in depth review.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ok, Fulcrum is inbound.

I placed the order online today, and received an email promptly a few hours later saying the order had shipped and is enroute.

I will give an update with pictures once I receive it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigRed82 I wait for the review. I hpoe it is as good as it sounds. I am always one of the first to jump on a new product but the last few times i've done it I was let down. I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have been running kits from these guys for a while and have been very happy with mine. This looks like something Im going to be adding to my 34.

·
G23+hot load ©
95 Posts
Have they started to ship them yet? If so has anyone received theres yet and if so I need a review. I am thinking of putting one in a limited glock I am building.
Got mine installed last night and 150 trouble free rounds later this morning, I'm very satisfied. I left it with the factory set screw adjustments on both pre and post travel. Looks like they nailed the pre-travel and there might be a little post travel shortening adjustment available as delivered. However, it was very good as shipped and I wanted to try it in factory set trim.

I have used Glockworx's deluxe kit with the welded tab for pre-travel and the set screw in the trigger housing for post travel and the Fulcrum trigger, as shipped was a bit shorter in overall travel and very smooth all through the range. Their packaging has improved but they still fail to label all the springs they ship so it can be a bit of a swap and try to make sure you have all the 'competition' springs installed. The average trigger break was at or just under 3 lbs on my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge. It is difficult to test Glock trigger weights due to the trigger safety. If you pull from the tip of the trigger you can get the advertised 2 lb pull but If you get it right and pull straight back from the middle of the trigger it's closer to 3 lbs....

All in all, the best trigger I've tried. I did 'spring' for the whole kit including the lightened striker. They shipped a stock unpolished firing pin safety plunger so I don't know what to make of that. Usually those are polished up a bit in this type of kit....Whatever, it all worked fine....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Steve sorry about the unpolished plunger. Some of them got mixed in the polished batch at the warehouse. I thought we did a decent job picking them out but I guess one got by. I'll send you out another one today.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So you got the kit with plunger and the trigger and the connector rod and the back part of the trigger mechanism? What does the back part change?

Any pictures? The 250 dollar kit right?

·
G23+hot load ©
95 Posts
So you got the kit with plunger and the trigger and the connector rod and the back part of the trigger mechanism? What does the back part change? Any pictures? The 250 dollar kit right?
They do include the trigger bar/connector housing. It has no modifications that I could see. It comes with the newest Lone Wolf connector installed along with the competition trigger spring already installed. I supposed for $250 they don't mind including everything so the kit truly is 'drop in'....:supergrin: There are some pretty decent photos of the fulcrum trigger available on the Glockworx web site...

I use Winchester Western primers, which are about as hard as they come. Both of my Glockworx 'deluxe' trigger kits, which included the skeletonized striker have been 100% on igniting the WW primers. I think that's pretty good for a light striker spring and skeletonized striker...I do use softer Federal primers when shooting at the local competitions. 500 rounds later, the fulcrum kit is still flawless...

Yar, thanks for sending along the polished plunger!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I received mine and installed it Monday evening. I still haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet as I'm in the midst of moving, but I have dry fired it quite a bit.

Mine also came with an unpolished plunger, but I just used the polished plunger that I already had. It honestly didn't make much felt difference. I have a dremel tool, so I'll polish it when I get the opportunity.

I have been using a Ghost Rocket with Wolff stock lb springs and highly polished internals. I had it to about a 4-4.5lb trigger. Light takeup, a little mush, and then the break with very minimal overtravel. The best part of the Rocket was the reset. It had an extremely short reset that kept pressure on my finger the whole way back. (Which was a miniscule distance)

I must admit that it took me a while to set up the new Fulcrum trigger to how I like it. I first just dropped it in and changed to the carry lb springs provided. Honestly, I was dissappointed at first. The reduced pretravel was nice, and the break was very clean, but the reset was terrible compared to what I was used to with the Rocket. I felt very little pressure against the finger for the reset until it all of a sudden popped back and reset. I didn't like the reset at all.

I tried various trigger springs and striker springs to see if they were the cause but to no avail. Finally, I figured out that it was the Lone Wolf Connector. The LW connector gets a lot of good press here because of the crisp break, but I absolutely hate the reset characteristics of the LW connector.

So I swapped the LW connector for my Ghost Rocket that I was using previously, installed the competition springs, and reduced the pretravel on the fulcrum down to right before the plunger safety is disengaged. It took me a while to figure out just how far I could set the pretravel before the firing pin safety/ plunger safety was disengaged. The little orange slide cover from Ghost Inc made it a lot easier to figure out. Once I found the point where it was disengaged, I increased the pretravel just a bit, checked it, and Man oh man!

This trigger combo is better than any Glock trigger I've ever felt. It is better than most factory 1911 triggers. It is almost as clean and crisp as my DW CBOB trigger. I haven't been able to weigh it, but I will once I have the opportunity to do so.

I have very little take up, just the smallest hint of mush (which should never be removed due to the plunger safety design of the Glock), a crisp break, a good push on the finger for a super short, controlled reset (Thanks to the Ghost Rocket), and then another super clean break.

So, I absolutely love the Fulcrum trigger bar! Whether it is worth the money is up to the buyer. If you want the best trigger bar, it is the one to get. I hate the Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector.
I much prefer the Ghost Rocket with a perfected Trigger Control Tab. The Rocket's reset is much more to my liking. I cannot emphasize how much I prefer the Rocket's reset over the LW connector.
And I love competition spring weights. I also installed a Lone Wolf SS uncaptured guide rod with 15lb spring, so we'll see how she does on her next outing. I will be sure to put plenty of rounds through this before I consider carrying it just to make sure it is reliable in this configuration, but side by side, this new trigger in my G19 is heads and shoulders better than just the Ghost Rocket on its own in my carry G26.

I would be amazed if a better trigger combination could be made for the Glock. This combo is just about perfect.

This is of course if you want to do it yourself. I am sure that sending it in to a gunsmith will create a very good trigger, but I like to work on my stuff and know the ins and outs of it. If you want the best possible out there of DIY kits, my suggestion would be to get the Fulcrum trigger bar w/ spring kit (around $160) and a Ghost Rocket connector (around $35 for the Rocket and the orange slide cover).

Be careful to not file off too much from the Rocket, and be sure not to decrease the pretravel on the Fulcrum too much. If you are not fully aware of the inner workings of your Glock, don't make modifications on it until you know how it works.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have shot a couple hundred more rounds through my G19 with the Fulcrum Trigger. This weekend I tried out my brand new Wolff SS Guide Rod. Still 100% reliable! I'm not surprised.

The Fulcrum is probably the best trigger bar you could possibly put in a Glock.

I will restate again that I absolutely deteste the Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector. It has the most reprehensible reset ever devised for a Glock.

The Fulcrum Trigger Bar with the Ghost Rocket is a terrific setup!

If you want to go the cheap route and not spend the $150 on the Fulcrum, I would still suggest the Ghost Rocket as the best "bang for buck" as far as Glock trigger modifications go. The Fulcrum just makes it even better.

I haven't had the opportunity to check the trigger weight on it yet, but I will soon.

Here are some pictures that I took this evening:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I currently have this trigger setup to have the absolute minimal amount of pre-travel that you would want on a Glock trigger. The FP safety plunger is still engaged at this point. I also have the overtravel set to a minimal amount. A small release of the trigger and the reset clicks.

This is the best setup that I've experienced in a Glock trigger. Of course, there is always a possibility that there will be something better coming along at some point, but for now, I think I have this covered as much as is possible.

Here is the trigger at rest:

Here is the trigger at break/overtravel stop:

Here is the trigger at Reset:

This along with the Wolff 15lb Recoil Spring allows very fast double taps.

·
Federal Member
29,776 Posts
Just when I thought I was done with my G22, along comes a new trigger.

:supergrin:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i just installed my new fulcrum drop in kit last night ($180.00 kit) i am new to glocks and this is the first time i have had to remove the firing pin and all that internal stuff in the slide.. it was a lot easier than i was expecting.. i am wondering about one thing after reading this thread.. how do i know if all the safteys are working correctly and disengaging?? i havent had a chance to shoot it yet. is sounds normal when i dry fire it, but i was wondering if there is a way to check everything before i go to shoot it?? thanks for any help

BP

1 - 20 of 69 Posts