Glock Talk banner

GlockTechs MIC holster

3K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  GreenBeret1631 
Do you have any pics of you wearing it to show how well it conceals?
Yes I do, but it's only a crappy cell phone pic.

Here is me wearing a G19 with the MIC and my shirt tucked in.

I want some of whatever you're smoking......dude.

I've seen the video. I've seen two in person. Their flaws are obvious and well-documented on these forums. What else is there to know?

It's a cute little toy for inexperienced CCWers. For most, it will end up in the bottom of a drawer with their "one size fits all" Uncle Mikes holster and their CCW badge. But, hey, it's better than Mexican carry........
We had a long thread on this a couple of weeks ago.

Most of the folks that actually tried one liked it.

Most of the folks making claims like you did have not tried one.

FWIW I've been CCWing for about 28 years, I'm also an instructor, I don't think the MIC is the worlds greatest holster but I use mine fairly often. I really like being able to tuck it in without some big straps or clips on my belt.

can you post a link? I just ordered one and am curious about the documented flaws.
thanks
Since the MIC haters can't post without insulting people I'll give you my opinion of the MIC's flaws.

Problem 1.

No 1 handed reholstering. I think the ability to reholster your gun with only 1 hand is important, you can't quickly and quietly reholster your gun. It's going to take 2 hands and make a pretty loud clack.

Which leads to Problem 2.

They are noisy.

The other morning I was getting dressed and put the G19 into the MIC. I was standing right outside the bathroom door, my wife was in the bathroom, shower running, fan on and said "What was that?" when I put the G19 into the MIC. If you see something suspicious and want to start drawing your gun
you can't do it quietly like you can with a nice leather holster. With my Kramer #2 I can draw and reholster 1 handed and you would never notice unless you were very observant. In many self defense situations it's best to have your gun in your hand and be a good witness then to start a shoot out in a crowded location. With the MIC there is a loud clack as it comes out of the holster. It could easily make you a target before you wish to.

To be fair most other kydex holsters share this flaw.

Problem 3.

They do allow some movement of the gun.

I haven't had a lot of movement and I've run around and rough housed with my kids and the gun/holster combo has never come out of my belt, but it is more possible then with a decent belt holster.

Pro's of the MIC.

1. Cheap, at $20 shipped they don't cost much.

2. Versatile, they can be used in multiple locations and even can tuck your shirt around the string. They also are great for in the gun safe or glove box to keep the trigger covered. They fit all models of Glocks.

3. Thin They add maybe 1/8" to the thickness of your gun. A holster like my Kramer #2 adds almost and inch to the width of the gun.

I think the MIC holster is a useful tool, it is not the ultimate holster. Like any holster it has it's good points and bad points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.