Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner at work says I'm closing in on full Glocktard (like him). Here are the symptoms;

• I became a firearm instructor 22 years ago using a Gen 2 G17 I picked up used in a gun store. Carried it off duty for years and regret ever trading it away.
  • Carry a Gen 3 G21 on duty for years now and teach that model.
  • Carry a Gen 4 G26 off duty but thinking about maybe going back to my Gen 2.5 G26. Either way it is a Glock for off-duty.
  • Traded an HK last night for a mint Gen 4 G22 with S3F 9mm conversion barrel which reminded me of how much I liked that old G17 I started off with.
  • Thinking about trading my PPQ M2 for a Glock.

Now I've spoken honestly about how I feel about Glock in the past as I think they're falling behind the times a bit in the innovation department. I think they're over priced for civilians. I don't like some of the 'changes' in the Gen 5 and think they could have done so much more...but if offered a Gen 5 for the PPQ I'd probably take it. I don't like plastic sights and I don't like the finger grooves overall. And I haven't warmed up to the G19X yet.

So maybe I haven't gone full 'tard' yet on Glock. But man, feeling like I'm dancing on the fence :dancingbanana:

Actually I've just decided to narrow my platform down to Glock (and Ruger) since I carry and teach Glock. I've really enjoyed the Sigs, HK's and Walthers I've gotten into last year but feel like I'm coming home to Glock.

Maybe not 'Tard' since I do criticize Glock on some points. Probably not in the fan-boy arena yet either. Perhaps just 'Fan of Glock'?

At least that's what I'm going to tell myself....;)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i think when you start wearing glock jackets and hats you could consider it so
Anyone who doesn’t have a closet full of Glock hats better get moving or they’ll be left behind!

·
I'm not retired
7,888 Posts
Actually I've just decided to narrow my platform down to Glock
I've done the same thing, but I don't think of it as being a 'tard'. I'm at a stage in life where affordability, simplicity, and reliability are important to me, even with my fun guns. Glock seemed to be the best fit, for that.

I've recently added arched MSH's to a few 1911's I still own so they at least point like a Glock off a draw. I had put them away for safe keeping 'till a friend of mine and I really compared the two (using my G41 and his SA Mil-Spec). After a couple hours of us drawing and doing the 'make the Styrofoam cups on the ground dance' thing, I decided to put the arched MSH's on my 1911's. It isn't so much a variety thing, but just knowing I can still shoot pistols I invested a lot of time in to get them like I 'like' them. If I did have to be classified as a tard, it'd be because I will only shoot anything other than a Glock off my little home built 'sight in' rest. Heck, I won't even put a non Glock pistol up to do a sights sweep.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
I think you fall well short of full fanboy status. You cited a long list of things you don't like about some Glock's, and are still able to see their shortcomings.

You still qualify as a rational person with strong preferences in my book! Preferences are okay.

It is when a parent can't see things in themselves, their children,or their firearm of choice that really need work and improvement that they tip over the edge. If one cannot be honest with themselves and others about reality one can slip into a blind, ranting, frothing-at-the-mouth brand allegiance.

The fact you have opinions but can still see and evaluate both strengths and weaknesses relegates you to the land of the rational. You are finding the best gun for you.

Sorry... your promotion to full-on rabid Glock loyalist is DENIED!

No Kool-Aid for you! :drink:

Reactions: Deputydave

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Maybe when your only guns are Glocks and constantly quote to people Glock Perfection. I am only at the fanboy level, for now!

·
NRA Life Member, G.O.A Member
289 Posts
I bou
My partner at work says I'm closing in on full Glocktard (like him). Here are the symptoms;

• I became a firearm instructor 22 years ago using a Gen 2 G17 I picked up used in a gun store. Carried it off duty for years and regret ever trading it away.
  • Carry a Gen 3 G21 on duty for years now and teach that model.
  • Carry a Gen 4 G26 off duty but thinking about maybe going back to my Gen 2.5 G26. Either way it is a Glock for off-duty.
  • Traded an HK last night for a mint Gen 4 G22 with S3F 9mm conversion barrel which reminded me of how much I liked that old G17 I started off with.
  • Thinking about trading my PPQ M2 for a Glock.

Now I've spoken honestly about how I feel about Glock in the past as I think they're falling behind the times a bit in the innovation department. I think they're over priced for civilians. I don't like some of the 'changes' in the Gen 5 and think they could have done so much more...but if offered a Gen 5 for the PPQ I'd probably take it. I don't like plastic sights and I don't like the finger grooves overall. And I haven't warmed up to the G19X yet.

So maybe I haven't gone full 'tard' yet on Glock. But man, feeling like I'm dancing on the fence :dancingbanana:

Actually I've just decided to narrow my platform down to Glock (and Ruger) since I carry and teach Glock. I've really enjoyed the Sigs, HK's and Walthers I've gotten into last year but feel like I'm coming home to Glock.

Maybe not 'Tard' since I do criticize Glock on some points. Probably not in the fan-boy arena yet either. Perhaps just 'Fan of Glock'?

At least that's what I'm going to tell myself....;)
I bought into all the PPQ M2 hype myself. Not saying it's a bad pistol, but it didn't take long to go back to my Glocks. Trigger was a tad too light for my taste. Also didn't care for the higher bore axis and Glock slides are much easier to detail strip and clean. I personally just shoot Glocks better than the PPQ. I actually shoot the Taurus PT111 G2 better than the PPQ which was the deciding factor to trade it in on another Glock.

·
Registered
124 Posts
.... wanting every factory variant and preferring to keep all those glocks stock, just as they come straight out of the box (except for adding steel/night sights),... or completely personalizing, or even building from completely aftermarket parts.

These may seem like opposites, but actually they are all symptoms of EGAS -- Extreme Glock Appreciation (or "Afficianado") Syndrome,... Those infected by EGAS--sometimes referred to by others as "Glock fanboys", "Glocktards", "Glockaniacs" or "Gleeple" (for "Glock sheeple", though that's a bit of an oxymoron) -- tend to think of themselves as "Glockficianados" or "Glocknatics",...

;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts