GlockTalk Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 2bgop, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2bgop

2bgop

In a rare occurrence, we have a coveted spot open in the league this year. The league is held to a ten team league and we are pretty serious, we try to make sure we get people who are not going to half-ass it. It is not a money league, draft is Sept 2nd at 9pm Eastern.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I will take the names and go over them with the rest of the league.

IndyGunFreak and Jade Falcon like this.
  2. Mick's Lady

Mick's Lady

Hey guys! Come on, join up!

This is one of the best leagues I've ever participated in!

MO Fugga likes this.

3. J. Gambolputty

J. Gambolputty

Do you have any fantasy leagues that involve players that don't hate The United States of America and all it stands for?

4. Mick's Lady

Mick's Lady

J. Gambolputty I get your stance, I truly do.

But the last three years of my life have been a living hell. I grew up in a football family, season tickets to the Giants, and all my brothers played. I love the game, and I'm not letting anything take that joy from me!

And BTW, much of family is made up of career Marines, including V.N. vets. I respect my country! My baby Brother lost two legs for it. Mick's a vet too.

MO Fugga and Jade Falcon like this.
  5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I thought watching football was illegal on GT?

In all seriousness, good for you guys for enjoying it. I would join your league, but I've never done FF, nor do I have any interest in doing so. My father is a huge fan of it though; been doing it since he had to fax in his score card, lol.

Mick's Lady likes this.
  6. kiole

kiole

What if we get the Canadian axe during the season? Do we forfeit our place?

7. 2bgop

2bgop

No, I would say half the league is teetering on the edge now, so you would be fine.

MO Fugga likes this.
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01

Only took 3 posts for an idiot to make an appearance.

Figured it would be post #2, membership is slipping.

9. aksnowman

aksnowman

And it only took 8 posts for an idiot to bash a guy for his stance.

ThunderTrumped and tadbart like this.
  10. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Maybe that guy shouldn't have been in here in the first place.

Don't go to a thread about a Fantasy Football League just to complain about the NFL. You're not going to get a favorable response. And that applies to any thread about a certain subject.

I don't like NASCAR, so I don't go to NASCAR threads. Simple.

Not hard to figure out.

ThunderTrumped, Rizzo and MO Fugga like this.
  11. aksnowman

aksnowman

true but this an open forum so the guy had just as much right to post. i dont like football thats why i never post in football threads. but it gets old people attacking others around here so hell i said something back.

12. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Exactly. So.....like I said: don't post in a football thread if you don't like football.

Half of the attacks on people here would stop if people didn't go into a thread just to thump their chests about something and complain. I mean, really....3 posts in to this thread. Nobody attacked him before he came here. He just showed up to thump his chest and complain.

Forgive us if some of us on here won't put up with that.

13. aksnowman

aksnowman

and are you questioning the first poster i responded to as well or just calling me out?

14. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Fiveoboy was responding to an unnecessary and tired old comment that people are sick of on this forum. He (J) had no business coming in here, to a topic he obviously doesn't like, just to make some snide comment about it.

I didn't "call you out", I was addressing why people are upset about forum members who go into topics that don't concern them just to complain about something. Don't make this about you. You're not the one who posted some idiotic comment about the NFL, so why are you getting so offended by it?

Mick's Lady likes this.
  15. aksnowman

aksnowman

dude I ain’t offended at all don’t know where you got that from. I just asked you a question. And no I am not making this about me at all. Sounds like you’re the one offended because I asked you a question. And yes you called me out for responding to fiveoboys ****ty comment towards someone who has all the rights to post here whether you or fiveoboy or I like it. So I made a ****ty comment towards fiveoboy in defense of the guy he made his ****ty comment towards cause like you I don’t like people being *******s to people for no reason. Sorry if you don’t like it but some of us don’t go for that. Have a good one.

16. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Don't go into a thread just to be a dick. It's not hard to figure out.

Again.....as I explained....this isn't about you. You're not the one who posted a comment 3 posts in just to troll some dumbass statement. Like I said: I don't know why you're getting so offended by this (and you ARE getting offended by this).

This is about comments like this:

Like I said: don't come in to a thread just to be a dick. We shouldn't have to tolerate it on this forum, and there are many here who are sick of it. It's been happening way too much. This thread is for people who like football and fantasy football. Not for people who just want to TROLL about it.

If you act like that, then you are probably going to get challenged on it. And by "you" I mean a generalized "you", not YOU specifically.

Don't like it? Look up at the top of your browser....there's a "Back" button there for a reason.

Have a good one.

Mick's Lady likes this.
  17. aksnowman

aksnowman

Whatever dude I was trying to be nice to you and now you want to call me names. If that makes you happy whatever.

18. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Dude, I WASN'T CALLING YOU NAMES! You are making this a bigger deal than it really is.

Let's just drop this. I didn't have a problem with you. My animosity was towards the guy who trolled in this thread. Not you.

Really, I have no beef with you. I was just trying to explain to you what the issue was here in this thread, of people trolling instead of staying out of it. That's all.

19. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Well, this was a fruitless exercise.

Mick's Lady and MO Fugga like this.
  20. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

John Kerry is a vet too. NFL does not respect the US flag, thus they get zero respect from me, a vet too. How much disrespecting of the US flag would get these people off the NFL's teet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.