Glocktalk Advertising

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Glock20.com, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

It's been 3 months since I sent you/jim certificates for amsoil for the next drawing. I have inquired several times as to the status of the advertising and have not received any replies. I sent you a PM 2/14 which seems to have been delivered, and not even an acknowledgment.

can you shed any light on the subject? I would very much like to see if, as I suspect, advertising on GlockTalk is profitable. If it is, I will be more than happy to send cash your way too. As it is, we have both lost 3 months of opportunity.

Please start the Ads ASAP with anything being better than nothing.

Thank you,

Eric Snyder
    Race-Oil.com

In case this fell through some huge cracks, banners are at:

http://www.credible.net/AMSOIL_Saved/Banners.htm

and links should go to:

http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?page=store&zo=1458371
    http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1458371
    http://www.Race-Oil.com

the last link is new.

I am very excited to see what kinds of hits I get from the site.

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

Sorry Eric, I dropped the ball on this. I'll get the ad up today. Eric

3. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

Thank you.

Good job on setting up this forum. I had hoped to communicate with you discretely and was able to do so through here.

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

Hello. I just tried the link you provided to download the banners and it won't come up. Are you sure that is the right URL? Eric

5. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

hmm, I just clicked on it and it worked for me. I am "inside" that network though. I will change some settings and try again.

The net is on a dynamic IP from earthlink, so they reset the number about 5 times a day and it takes a few minutes to propagate.

looks like my settings were going from the outside, so it should work now.

6. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

I just clicked on it again and it worked for me this time. I'll get the ads up tomorrow. Thanks again. Eric

7. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

8. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

Anything I can do to help the process?

9. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

Another money raising idea.

If you want to sell AMSOIL product certificates in your shopping cart and send me 1/2 the proceeds to defray my costs (I think my costs will be about 75% of the face value, but it depends on what they use it toward). you might be able to generate a significant amount of dollars and I could do that to the tune of $1000 in certificates to start and see how it works out. If it breaks even for me or creates a profitable customer base I could continue it unlimited or decrease the percentage I need to cover my end (increase the percentage to GT). if I end up losing money, I will reassess my proposal.

I don't know what your budget is per month to get to do the board full time, but if I can help your raise money without going into debt myself, I am happy to help. I know millions of people use AMSOIL products and this board could be a great way to get in touch with hundreds of potential customers. I would be happy to tailor a program to fit what you need.

10. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

Hi Eric. I got your ad up. I had some trouble with the banner rotation program, but I just resolved it. You have a large and small banner ad in the rotation and they are set to run through 18 April, 2008.

I appreciate the donation offer. Let me kick the idea around and get back to you. Today is pretty hectic. Thanks again. Eric

11. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

12. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

I was only expecting 3 months -

Banner Ad Plus Dedicated Ad:
    Benefits/Features

1. With this option you get the Banner Ad listed above plus one of the five dedicated ad spots that display beside the Glock Talk Logo, on the main page.
    2. The most important benefit of this option is the fact that everyone who visits my site will see your ad.
    3. Each of the five dedicated ad spots can have up to fifteen different banner ads, with up to ten banner pictures each running on them. This means you can have banner links pointed to up to fifteen different places on your website.
    4. The dedicated banner ads are exactly half the size of the regular banner ads, so that, in most cases, your full-size banner pictures can be reduced in size by half and run in the dedicated ad spot

Prices:

* Banner Ads cost $75/mo., billed and sold quarterly, or $225 for three months.
    * Banner Ad plus Dedicated Ad costs $100/mo., billed and sold quarterly, or $300 for three months.

13. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

Thanks for the link... looks like it may payoff big time. I let you know when I start seeing orders.

14. Glock20.com

Glock20.com Guest

Since your site is the only one I set up those types of certs for , I figured you had done a raffle or something. I haven't seen any announcement messages or anything (busy with lots of stuff and just check my glocktalk email address to see if anything is announced and advertising reports) I like those reports, BTW.

at any rate, I did a search for Race-Oil.com and nothing came up, and I did a search for amsoil, and two messages from one thread on 9/21 came up. did the history or the ability to search history go away?

Should I post periodically to remind people that Race-Oil.com is still around?

Thanks, and congratulations on the strong show of support with the lifetime memberships.

Eric.