GlockStore Blue Sight Pusher VS NC Star version?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nighttrainNC, Sep 24, 2020.

1. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

So GlockStore has a seemingly cool/effective "Universal Sight Pusher" that is blue in color for 60 bucks, yet often imitated...
    **(below)**

I have seen the exact same model on Amazon made by NCStar and ATG.... I think the GlockStore Version is newer than those though.

Are they all the exact same tool just labeled for different companies?

Or is the GlockStore Version the best quality?

I ask being Glockstores shipping time is like 3 weeks currently so wondering if the Amazon offerings made by NC Star level companies are worth a damn....?

Want to use it for Glock and Beretta mostly.

2. alhovde

alhovde

I have found the NCstar kit to be totally legit. Quality is perfect. Done about 5 pistols now with ease. The only way I think you could ever crack the ears on the pusher is by attempting to push an incorrect rear sight model into the dovetail.

The threaded rod for the main pusher is straight and threaded well. No issues with it bowing under high stress.

I got the sight tool kit with a few extras and a case for like 70 bucks I think. Just get the NCstar it's awesome.

3. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

Does it have the front sight tool for Glock's aswell?

It's so identical to the GlockStore one that I think they may be selling the NC Star one but just not under that name, same as ATG (or was it UTG...)

If so, maybe per a contractual sales agreement being it doesn't seem to have a name brand at GlockStore. Unless just not mentioned in the video, they just put an extra adjective into its name.

Also, wondering if it can move a front Beretta PX4 sight also, as they are dovetail style.

Normally NC Star is airsoft type stuff so hard to believe this item is the bee's knees and works so great, especially for 60 bucks or so, but reviews seem to be good, especially on the one from GlockStore.

If nice as you say, it's a very good investment, many smiths can charge 40-60 per sight job.

4. tacticalgecko

tacticalgecko

I'd buy it before giving glockstore money. That lenny guy is a cheesy salesman. Only person worse (I'm sure there's plenty of terrible people in the gun industry) is the owner of c&h precision. Now that guy is a dirt bag

5. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

RichardB and L-2 like this.
  6. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

It looks identical to my NCStar sight pusher. I am sure it is just the NCStar rebranded and resold.

As noted above, mine has been great. It is not an industrial grade device, so a gunsmith would benefit from a super robust device, but this unit is anodized aluminum, and has worked great for me. The added benefit is that it fits all my guns (without a need for separate pushers or adapters, as some of the premium versions seem to require).

I would buy it from whoever had it in stock and cheap. I don't think you will see a difference between the various offerings of the same basic device.

-JCN- likes this.
  7. Strizzi

Strizzi

I own the NC Star one, bought it from amazon and bought a cheap front sight tool. I’ve done about 10 pistols and have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boilergonzo and -JCN- like this.
  8. bcj128

bcj128

I also have the NCStar one and have done numerous pistols with it - including my entire departments SWAT team. It’s a great system - it’s done 1911’s as well. The only dig I have is that the bar used to turn the adjustment press is narrow and could use a extension to get better leverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-JCN- and boilergonzo like this.
  9. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

OP here,

Would The NCstar one be capable of removing steel sights on the dovetail Front sights ALSO (both ends are dovetail on my PX4 Storm) and installing new ones flawlessly?

Just wondering if I should wait 3 weeks for the GlockStore Version to ship or buy the NC Star OR ATG one that looks identical on Amazon.

Are they all the same with shared Rights by these companies???

10. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I cannot say for sure on a PX4 storm, but my NcStar has done fine on all sights, front and rear (specifically front sights of a SIG). It has even pushed Springfield XD sights, which are notoriously tough to move.

I wouldn't wait. While I cannot prove it, looking at the pictures it appears to be the exact same product. If you don't have any particular allegiance or aversion to a given product peddler, I'd just look at availability and prices and pick the one that strikes the best balance of savings and time (subjective, you get to prioritize!). But the NcStar product is an inexpensive option that is good. Certainly not as good as premium competitors, but a fantastic value and a viable option.

11. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

12. BarryR

BarryR

13. alhovde

alhovde

Hey amigo.

The way the NCStar is infinitely adjustable, it would definitely be capable of drifting out a dovetailed front sight. If you buy the kit (comes in a plastic case), it comes with a front sight tool, punch, and mag baseplate removal tool. If you get just the sight pusher buy a FS tool separate.

14. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

15. 1919X

1919X

My VISM by NC Star has taken care of every brand of pistol I have tried. They actually have many levels of products from toys to professional. I love their range and medical bag line.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

Buff1968 likes this.
  16. -JCN-

-JCN-

Pro tip: the adjustment rod end is labeled “15mm” so you can put a ratchet / wrench on it for leverage. I do it often.

Another +1 for the NC Star. Have done front and rear sights. Just note that some sights that have been loctite treated do better with an initial punch hit first to break the adhesive just like an impact wrench hit.

boilergonzo likes this.
  17. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

While I agree the Wheeler is nice, right now on Amazon, that costs about three times what I paid for the NCStar (Wheeler is $160). If I were a gunsmith or armorer, sure. It would probably make sense. But there is something to be said for "good enough".

If someone pushes a dozen sights in a lifetime, the Wheeler adds about $9 per sight (my local armorer charges less!).
    If you do fifty sights in a lifetime, the Wheeler adds over $2 per use over the NCStar.
    If you do a hundred sights, the premium for the better quality pusher drops to just $1 per use.

I believe in quality tools, but I also believe in looking at utilization to see when it makes sense to pay a premium and when a cheaper tool may suffice. The reviews of the NCStar are quite positive (and this thread echos that sentiment!), and for most people it will meet their needs.

I don't pretend it is "as good", but I do feel it is easily "good enough", and for the price is a viable option for all but the rare few who push hundreds or thousands of sights. I contemplated the Wheeler, but for my needs the NCStar did everything it could do for a third the price. It works for me. If I were an armorer, I would pay the premium for the Wheeler, but I am not. Any one of my local armorers uses the NCStar, so...

18. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Before I purchased the wheeler, I had seen reports of broken NCStars so I purchased what I felt was a stronger product. I am glad its working for you and your armorers.

boilergonzo likes this.
  19. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

If anybody wants to give any of these "pushers" a real test (try) remove the rear sight on a S&W Shield. A friend tried this on his forty Shield (don't know what pusher) and cracked the slide (sight did not budge). I did both my Shield's rear sights with punches and vise. Never again!
    :steamed:

BTW, Glocks have always been cake.:cheers:

20. StraightG48

StraightG48

Not to be a smartbutt but, I've got to ask the question. :) Did your friend remember to remove the sight screw first? I had no issues replacing the rear sight on my shield. In fact, once the screw was removed, I could wiggle it a little before getting it all the way out.