Glock Talk banner

Glocks with RMRs

16K views 54 replies 21 participants last post by  glock.for.life 
#1 ·
I thought I would start another photo thread of RMR'ed Glocks. I just got a Trijicon RM04 7.5 MOA sight and Ameriglo suppressor sights installed on my G19 by Mark at L&M Gunworks. Other RMR users share your gun in this thread. :cool:

Marks work is fantastic and overall I think this is the future in combat handguns. Its a night and day difference in accuracy and speed, plus it increases the distance you can be effective with a handgun.

See less See more
#9 ·
I have a J-Point Red Dot sight on one of my G-19's. It is something else.

#10 ·
I have read reports of the RMR type sight extending the abilities of shooters who's eyesight is getting worse due to age etc.

True. I like to put that information out there as many have been disappointed after spending a LOT of money on these setups and end up with a big fuzzy red ball due to astigmatism.

Definitely a "try before you buy" proposition.

#13 · (Edited)
True. I like to put that information out there as many have been disappointed after spending a LOT of money on these setups and end up with a big fuzzy red ball due to astigmatism.

Definitely a "try before you buy" proposition.
did the sight bloom like that for you with the adjustable LED model too???

Bill

#14 ·
Any particular place you guys are buying these RMR's? Saw one at a local gun shop the other day and it was $550 for the sight.

Also, what MOA do you suggest for a target pistol?

Thanks for any info. Not sure I can justify the cost for my G35, and I am a fan of Burris anyway so the Fast Fire is on my mind. But the reputation of the RMR can't be ignored.

Putting a new barrel and Vanek trigger in my G35, a red dot sight would round things off nicely it appears for my intended usage.

-Dan

#15 ·
I picked one up used on AR15,,, and one local used on Craigs List. I usually surf Backpage pretty regularly as well,, and I've seen one come across there once in a while. Can't beat the deals on LNIB used RMR's. AR15 is the place they come up most frequently from what I've seen.

The Fast Fire is a great little sight,,, just more bang for the buck with the RMR IMO. The FF also seems to eat batteries as well. I just installed my third battery in my FF 2. I've been to the range with it about 7 times,,, about an hour a session with the sight on the entire time. The first one went so fast I thought I must have left it on,,, the second went just as fast, and I know without a doubt that I've not left it on,,, been payin real close attention since the first battery went bye bye.

My FF2 is a 3.5MOA. WAY too small IMO. I have a 7MOA RMR and a 7 MOA Insight that looks more like a 9MOA. I would stick with a 7 - 9 for anything inside of 25 yards,,, and that pretty much falls in line with everything I've read on the dot size on a pistol sight.

Hope that helps.

#19 · (Edited)
A quote from one of the recent suggestions was $250 for the milling of the slide and $600 for the sight. $850 for a nice red dot install? I will stick with my stock sites. Or perhaps throw a set of XS big dot sights on for $100. This is crazy stuff guys, holy cow. I know you have to pay to play, but $850 for sights on a $550 gun is ridiculous.

#21 ·
Understand that, I like the rule about spending the same on the glass as the rifle. However, I guess it is my naivety, but I had no idea folks were willing to pay $850 for a pistol sight. Especially in these times.

#22 ·
Purchased my used RM04 LNIB for $340 shipped from a nice gent on AR15. Mark milled and Cerakoted the slide for under $300. So yes,,, I have quite a bit of dough into the sight system. And yes,,, it hurt writing that check. Then I used the gun with the sight on it and it didn't hurt any more.

I switch back and forth between my RMR'd upper and my stock upper to train. My speed and accuracy are increasing with my OEM open sights more quickly than they have in years of open sight only training.

I'd much rather own,, am a much better shot with,, and have more fun shooting, my $550 gun with my $640 sight than any $1200 pistol I've ever shot or owned. (and I've owned many)

I let anyone interested in it at the range run it if they want. So far everyone has thought it is amazing to run, and they can't believe how accurate and fast it is. They say that they "just have to have one". They, like you, then choke when I tell them how much money I have into the sight and choose to stick with their open sights.

It's not for everyone,,, but for me,,, it was worth every penny.

#23 ·
Understand that, I like the rule about spending the same on the glass as the rifle. However, I guess it is my naivety, but I had no idea folks were willing to pay $850 for a pistol sight. Especially in these times.
You can get a Trijicon RM 04 installed on your Glock slide by L&M Gunworks for $700.

Once you shoot it, you will realize its worth every penny.

As said above I'd rather have a $500 glock with a $700 sighting setup, than any $1200 pistol on the market.

#26 ·
I have noticed a lot of RMR glock's here but whomever has a RMR Glock with a Cerakoted slide and stippling done, please post a picture! I need color ideas from everyone.

Is Nickel chrome a pain in the butt? Too many fingerprints? Does it hold up well? My glock 27 is a CCW that I have with my everyday so which ever finish i choose needs to hold up!

Cerakote or Duracoat?

I was thinking the same thing as Dan but YOLO.

I have my RM07 to be delivered on Tuesday. And I will send it to Mark @ L&M on Wed. At the same time, I will drop off the lower locally to Dale Hunnicutt to get my grip reducition done. Hopefully they will both be finished around the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.