Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just curious to how all you southpoles (i know your out there lol) out there like the glocks?? I'm lefty myself and would just like to get other southpoles take on the glocks.

I myself do not have that much experience with them but i've liked them the times i have used them. I only ask because the G19 is going to most likely be my duty weapon and of course the G26 will be its back up so im just wondering about the pros and cons (if any) to us southpoles using the glocks day in and day out.

Your opinions and experience will be much appreciated!!! Thanks to all in advance!!! :rock:

-Eycee

·
NRA Member
3 Posts
I am left handed and do not have any problems with the Glock pistols. G17. G19. G32, G30sf. All work fine shoot well not any problems, can work the mag release just fine with trigger finger.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
I'm a southpaw and have no issues with the Glock.I release the mag with my bird finger.

·
DaArmorer
22 Posts
Nuther southpaw here, have many glocks , never seen a problem with em....Having said that I tend to switch shooting hands depending on my mood.

·
Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
Im assuming your lefty? whats your take on it?
I'm actually ambi. As for lefty, sometimes the magazine catch does touch the skin between the index and middle portion of my hand-but I have a G35 with and extended mag catch, not an issue with my standard G23. And my gripping is thumb over thumbs.

As with having to push on the slide lock lever, I use my left index finger...how about you?

But the only issue I have is that I'm right eye dominant, so I have to over look at the sights.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I'm a converted southpaw. When I was 6 months old my Dad noticed I was right eye dominant by the way I was shooting a rifle and had me switch to right handed. At 10 months old, when I started shooting handguns, it just naturally followed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Southpaw here- Have no problem with the glocks. The most lefty friendly handgun in my opinion! I love the mag release right where it's at. No need to manipulate your grip like a righty does, I just press it with my middle finger.

·
Registered
734 Posts
No problems at all. I used my middle finger for mag release and slingshot the slide. My magazine changes were faster than the IPSC guys at my range, which really pissed them off. It did take some practice to get good at it. There is also more holster selections for Glock in left hand than any other manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yet another lefty here and due to having a problem with my right hand's thumb I cannot hold a pistol comfortably in my right hand while supporting with my left.

I have 0 problems operating the pistol left handed. I prefer using the over hand method to release the slide as it gives me a more positive grip on the slide rather than sling shotting it.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Might I invite all the southpaws here to visit the southpaw forum. We could use some life injected into the forum. It's been better dead there lately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a southpaw too, the ambi mag release was one of the reasons I got the 21SF. I'm looking for ambi controls in my next gun too.

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
Lefty here loves his Glocks.

Only issue I have is that I sometimes hit the mag release on my subcompact when I don't mean to. I hold it higher up due to the shorter grip, and the ball of my index finger gets awfully close to the mag release.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey thanks to all who responded so far!!! Glad to hear from all you southpaws here!!!

RyanNREMTP: Where is the southpaw forum i want to come to check it out??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lefty here, and I don't find much of a problem with the Glocks. The only issue with the mag release is that it can dig into your finger and is pretty sharp on the corner. I fixed that by buying another release and smoothing it up so it wasn't as sharp. I don't have much trouble with the slide release, but you may depending on your hand size.

I also have a P2000 with totally ambi controls. I am typicaly quicker with it...but...sometimes my thumb holds down the slide release so it doesn't lock back after the last shot. I think some righthanders have issues with doing that on a Glock, too. Of course, you will never have that problem because there is not a release on that side of a Glock.

One thing another person touched on what that the best thing about using a Glock for a lefty is that you will actually be able to find left-handed holsters for it. Ironically with many of the more ambi friendly guns it is more difficult to find left-handed holsters.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts