close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock's soon to be only half Austrian

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SeanK, Jan 30, 2005.

1. SeanK

SeanK

Read in Autoloader Magazine, the mag the deals only with Glocks, that Glock is going to be making the lower's on Glocks at their Smyrna Georgia Plant, for the US market. The slides will still be made in Austria.

Glock said the result will be a gun that is identical to Glock’s fully made in Austria, but at a much lower cost to US consumers. Since the half and half worked very well for Sig, a lot of people think that their even better then all German/Swiss sig’s, I think it’s a great move.

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

If I recall correctly, Glock has been doing this since 2004 on the full size models. Somehow I don't see the price of glocks coming down tho. With the known quality of Glocks, people are willing to pay the cost of them...

3. bac1023

bac1023

Glock prices are already one of their strong points. I see no reason for Glock to reduce it. They will instead make more profit.

4. Gunmeister

Gunmeister

At my local Glock Shop, the price of a new Glock G26 went up over night from $499.00 to $539.00 which in my opinion is a rather sharp increase. According to the owner of the shop, Glock had a sharp increase across the board on all of their products. Where's the price savings? It ain't in Florida that's for sure.

5. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

If the frame is made in the USA, wouldn't that make the gun "American made"? If so, is this an end-run around the import points problem? Maybe we can finally get those single-stacks! (micro 9mm, full size .45)