Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard it said by at least one competitive shooter of some local renown that "Glocks shoot to the left." This statement presumably implies the rear sight is centered and the front is aligned down the center of the slide.

My reaction is one of disbelief. However, I'd like to know if others have heard that "Glocks shoot to the left." I'm inclined to think that should one experience this mystical phenomenon that it would be traceable to the larger Glock grip, and its effect upon the shooter.

In any event what, if anything, have you all heard?

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
All glocks shoot dead center, most shooters shoot to the left.

Yep, Glocks shoot straight, the shooters pull the trigger incorrectly because they aren't used to a Glock trigger.

·
Old Coot
1,261 Posts
My G22 shot a bit low and to the right. The elevation issue was likely just me not getting the right sight-picture; the dot-in-a-box was a new design to me and I didn't like it. The windage was a rear-sight issue, but that sight takes a pretty expensive tool (from what I understand) to adjust. I know it wasn't ALL me, 'cause I had no such problem with my G19.

I traded off the G22 rather than bother with it. My XD shoots true enough...not dead center, but not consistently off in any particular direction, and not too far off anyway. Any number of things could account for it, most of them down to me or the trigger-pull.

(My SIG is dead on, by the way.)

·
On The Road....
464 Posts
Glocks do not shoot left, it is the people who put to much "trigger finger" is why the shoot left...

Try shooting with the trigger half way between the tip of the finger, and the first joint of your shooting hand....

Look at the front sight, and "press" the trigger to the rear....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
all you guys are wrong.....the rest of GT just comps to the right since Glocks shoot left...

I guess you guys go the few that shoot straight?

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
I shoot my Glock to the left. The gun is dead on but I have short fingers and some injuries to my hands. The large frame (to me) makes it hard to get proper trigger placement on my finger so I shoot a glock just a bit left. My 1911 fits beter and I shoot it beter.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,735 Posts
Glocks don't shoot to the left, PEOPLE shoot to the left. Try putting a little more finger on the trigger. Meaning you may have your finger on the trigger a little too close to the tip, try moving your finger in some until you get your hits in the center of the target. For me that is right on the crease at the first joint. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts