close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glocks in Limited 10?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by eringobragh, Jun 1, 2003.

1. eringobragh

eringobragh

In I.P.S.C. can Glocks be used in Limited 10 division? It is my understanding the L-10 is reserved for single-action autos only...i.e. a 1911, etc...using a Glock from Limited or Production, and just sticking with 10 rounds mags fits the requirements?

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

All Glock models are legal for L10 except the 380s. Just loda em to 10 rounds.

3. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Glocks are fine in Limited10...or Limited...or Production...maybe, even Open.

To make Major Power Factor in Limited or Limited 10, you will need a 40 caliber or larger.

There is no single-action requirement in USPSA/IPSC.

You may be confusing that with the NON single-action first shot requirement of Production Division.

4. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

I was told my g23 could only be in production,,and all production is scored minor.. Now i do think my friend shot his g35 in limited ten, although i'm not sure why they let him do that but not the G23 ?..

Doesn't really matter i started shooting my 1911 for uspsa anyway.

but interesting on the rule interpertations..

Jeff. / hunterjbb.

5. ajm

ajm Millennium Member

Hunter, they gave you bad information. Your 23 is probably most appropriate for production (competitive) assuming that it has no significant mods. You could shoot the thing in Open, Limited, Limited 10 or production. In the other divisions besides Production, your ammo would have to meet the power factor of 165 to make Major, power factor is bullet weight X velocity divided by 1000. So your 165 gr bullets would have to chrono at 1000 feet per second to be scored major. In production (in USPSA) all rounds are scored as minor which is a power factor of 125. That was done so that the 9mm duty type guns which were not single action would have a place to play.

Hope that helps,
    ajm

6. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Hunter,

Based on what it states in the attached extract from the USPSA rule book you can use the g23 in the L10 division

7. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

Thanks folks, i'll go back to the people i discussed this with and have another discussion with it.. LOL..

should be interesting..

Jeff.