close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glocks in Fiction: Lion's Game & Night Fall

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Otto von Glock, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Otto von Glock

Otto von Glock

Just finished DeMille's The Lion's Game and Night Fall. Glocks everywhere. The Lion's Game was published before September 11th 2001 and Night Fall 2004. Great reads!

2. Spyder Teeth

Spyder Teeth Southern Gent

Thanks for the recommendation. I just finished Night Fall on audio (narrated by Scott Brick who does a great NYC accent) and the end left me reeling. Totally unexpected. Hit me like a ton of bricks man. Now I'm going "back in time" and starting The Lion's Game read by the same narrator. It's strange that John is just getting to know Kate. I guess I should have started them in order but heck with it, I'll read Plum Island next, which is going even further back in time.

I didn't even know Nelson DeMille exsisted. Cool author. Great dialoge.

3. Otto von Glock

Otto von Glock

These books by DeMille must be sleepers or something. I started with The Lion's Game and was hooked on the NY cop character, John. I am a history teacher and practically live in timelines, so I am constantly reminded about the real events in America as I read. You will enjoy The Lion's Game. I, too, read Plum Island last, but I do not feel that the plots were ruined, in fact it may have been that I was more comfortable with the characters and enjoyed them more.

On DeMille's website he states that his next book will treat the CIA kinder, since he worked them over pretty badly in these three. Who would be good actors for John and Kate in the movie version?

I enjoyed all of Dan Brown's book, as well, especially Angels and Demons.