Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of using my g-30 for my winter carry, while in the woods, snowshoing ect. what do you think? Any issues to be aware of? With cold weather use. My other choice is my s&w m-66 .357 mag 2 1/2" barrel. thanks for the help.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
Issues with the gun? No. Anchorage, AK PD issues G21s. And, IIRC, AK State Police issue, based on officer preference, the G21 or G22.

I have heard of issues with ammo that is subjected to very cold temperatures, though. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge in that area will chime in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The gun should be fine, but think of your holster.

1-will the leather get wet (i.e. do you fall down in the snow much ;) and then need a good drying out?

2-some kydex holsters will fit diferently in the cold. I had one that was almost impossible to draw from if it got colder than 25 degrees.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The only problems I've had with my g23 in some frigid NW PA winters, is loading the last 2 or 3 rounds in the mag. I've fixed that by getting 4 other mags and loading them before taking a walk in the woods! My 23 has functioned flawlessly in even the coldest conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply's. Its nice that glocks are so weather proof and don't need alot of lube. I have a kydex rm lowrider for it, but I am looking for a open carry holster for it. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts