close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock's Homeland Security Discount Program

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by mclark, Mar 26, 2006.

1. mclark

mclark

I'm an EMT with an agency in Richmond, Va. I'm currently in Florida finishing college, and working full time for a PD/FD dispatch. I am still a member with my agency in VA and still ride there when I'm home as long as I keep my certs up. Do you all think I'll have a problem trying to get the discount purchasing the gun in FL (I live here..have for over a year..Florida drivers license, etc.) with a VA EMT certification? If so, would the dispatching help even though I'm not sworn? Thanks for your time.

2. nautiquemt22

nautiquemt22

---Thought some of you guys might want to know that GLOCK is now offering its $100 off Military/LE discount to people in EMS/fire/security. I called them at (770) 432-1202 and confirmed it. They said, "Yeah, it falls under Homeland Security". So EMS folk, if you want to buy a GLOCK under this discount, just call GLOCK at the number above, get a list of "GLOCK Law Enforcement Dealers" in your state, and you'll be good to go.---

thats from another thread about this topic. not sure if you CAN recieve the discount out of state, but it's a nationwide discount. so i wouldn't see why you couldn't. best advise would be to call that number above, or even a local Glock LE dealer. the dealer should know as well what the limitations are if any.

what part of florida do you emt-d at? i work in orlando/orange county doing ems...

3. medicdave

medicdave

My local guy said he just needs a liscence number...Dave

4. nautiquemt22

nautiquemt22

yeah most dealers can get you the discount. not shops. but i called glock today for some ??'s of my own and asked the lady this question. she said the discount does apply, and she said she couldn't see why you wouldn't be able to get the discount, but she also said it's at the dealers discretion. also how the florida laws are. but you said you have a florida DL so that puts you as a florida resident. it's up to the dealer about accepting the OOS certs you have.