Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try to pick up a G27 for carry and woods, and, I'm thinking of picking up a beater G22 or 23 for home duty, and possibly equipping with with Crimson Trace.

If I'm gone, the wife can keep the G22/23, while I have the 27. She feels intimidated by the Winchester.

Simple manual of arms, same calibers, shared magazines.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Sounds like a good plan but have you had her give the full size G22 a try? Mark at Summit Gun Broker has the 2nd Gens for $315 w/two 15rnd mags, you just can't beat that deal and for Home Defense size isn't as much of an issue as it is for CCW so the larger gun might be easier to shoot and you get a couple more rounds in the deal too.
Either way, stickin' with similar guns/calibers is a great way to go. :cool:

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
I like the idea of similar guns with shared parts/mags. I would have her shoot a .40 before I chose one for her though. Many people don't like the recoil of a .40. Especially in a smaller gun.

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
I'd skip the 22&27 and get 2 23s.

IMO, the middle size Glocks do everything better than the fullsize and subs...

·
Registered
160 Posts

The 23's don't wear better on your ankle and it is heavier.

A 27 can go into a cargo pocket better than the 23. One of each is better.

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I like the midsize too. But, I need a very concealable gun, that can be made "bigger" just by swapping mags. The G22s can be had cheap, and this allows for the lasers on both for us.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Heck, just boost the power of the laser and don't worry about ammo for the gun.:supergrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts