Glocks at BIAP/Baghdad

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GeoJelly, Sep 11, 2003.

1. GeoJelly

GeoJelly

Greetings from BIAP. I've only had intermittent internet access so this may be old "news". I live/work at the airport - working for 1st Armored Division (as a civilian). I've seen a lot of Glocks the past few days - all of them on young military-looking guys (and one gal) wearing civilian clothes. They appear to be G-19's - I can't tell the difference (from 23's) from a distance & they don't look friendly enough to ask. They don't appear to have a standard holster. They are all 3rd Gen w/ finger grooves and a light rail. Most of these folks are also carrying some very new looking M-4's - usually tricked out. Interesting contrast between the average soldier's weapon (dusty and beat-up) versus these guys. I understand these guys ride around in Suburban's/etc so please don't beat me up for the comment about soldier's weapons (spent 20 years in the Army). Speaking of soldiers - you wouldn't believe how beat-up the average Beretta M-9 looks. The aluminum grip frames don't appear to be holding up well at all. Probably not a problem functionality-wise - but they sure look like hell. Anyone heard anything about a replacement for the M-9??

2. RAH

RAH Keep The Change Millennium Member

Godspeed to your safe return. Thank you for your service and the report.

3. studrocket

studrocket Incognito

Thamks for your report geojelly. I tried to explain this same fact a month ago, and met a lot of resistance. I was basically called a liar. So, Cyclist........its ok for you to be wrong, so long as you admit it.

4. ODA 564

ODA 564

The guys at BIAP are the civilian subcontractors running security (and I don't mean bag screening).

Russ and Ben are two good guys. And I hope to be helping them out soon.

5. Ricky T

Ricky T Millennium Member

ODA 564:

Thanks for your service and if you are launched, good luck, good hunting and watch the front sight or the red dot.

6. Cyclist

Cyclist

Subcontractors not military. Get with it.

7. drod

drod

Folks, I 'm going to leave this thread open, but please don't turn it into an argument. If you must attack each other, do so in private messages. Thanks.