Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Coleccionista
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while shopping for target ammo the guy behind the counter told me this. Any idea if it is true?

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
Today while shopping for target ammo the guy behind the counter told me this. Any idea if it is true?

Almost always never believe them. Unless the statement starts with I dont know.

·
Code-7A KUZ769
3,251 Posts
GLOCKs can handle +P ammunition, and in the case of the 9mm GLOCKs, they can handle +P+ and NATO pressure rounds with aplomb.

As for Springfield XD's, that I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
+P+ and +P in a Glock all day and twice on Sunday.

Can't speak to the XD but I doubt it can't take it either.

And before the +P and +P+ SAAMI SPECS alarmists show up, the gun will not blow up, and the wear and tear fear is much ado about nothing. You should be lucky to be able to afford that much ammo to do any real damage.

·
Retired Member
9,201 Posts
As for Springfield XD's, that I couldn't tell you.
Lets see...

Is there an XD full auto 9 mm? No.

Is there a Glock full auto 9 mm? Yes, the G18.

Is there an XD 10 mm? No.

Is there a Glock 10 mm. Yes, the G20 & G29.

Is there an XD .45 Super Conversion? Nope.

Is there a Glock .45 Super Conversion? Yup.

Is there an XD .50 Caliber Conversion? Nope

Is there a Glock .50 Caliber Conversion? Yup.

Did I mention .460 Rowland?

XD's are nice guns and all, but wishes don't make them Glocks!

Glock's the one with the can do resumé, the XD can only dream about.

If the G20 can handle Double Tap 10 mm ammo, the G17 & G19 can handle any factory-made +p or +p+ ammo you can get for them, so long as it's jacketed or coated.

--Ray

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah XD's are fine.
I have owned two of them and i know i put at least 2,000 rounds of +P handloads in my .45ACP.
The only thing I have been told about +P rounds in the Glocks and XD style guns is that it wears out your recoil spring faster than normal. If it does, oh well.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
Guy behind the counter is clueless about ammo.

+P is a SAAMI standard.

Any major manufacturers ammo that is marked +P is made to SAAMI pressure specifications.

Both Glocks and XD's are made to handle SAAMI pressure spec ammo (And NATO spec, and the slightly hotter European CIP spec).

+P is fine in either the Glock or XD. It won't harm your gun, and you won't be able to afford enough ammo to wear either one out with +P instead of standard pressure.

·
Boom.
2,032 Posts
Lets see...

Is there an XD full auto 9 mm? No.

Is there a Glock full auto 9 mm? Yes, the G18.

Is there an XD 10 mm? No.

Is there a Glock 10 mm. Yes, the G20 & G29.

Is there an XD .45 Super Conversion? Nope.

Is there a Glock .45 Super Conversion? Yup.

Is there an XD .50 Caliber Conversion? Nope

Is there a Glock .50 Caliber Conversion? Yup.

Did I mention .460 Rowland?

XD's are nice guns and all, but wishes don't make them Glocks!

Glock's the one with the can do resumé, the XD can only dream about.

If the G20 can handle Double Tap 10 mm ammo, the G17 & G19 can handle any factory-made +p or +p+ ammo you can get for them, so long as it's jacketed or coated.

--Ray
Wow....that's relevant to the question at hand :upeyes:

XDs are fine with +P

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My XD45 sees nothing but +P ammo. I shoot 200g +P TAP mostly. No problems whatsoever.

RayB - most people don't care about most of the things on your list. The average buyer will LEAVE THE GUN STOCK with the exception of sights. Next time, just answer the question.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is nothing compared to an urban myth I got.

FMJ heads will wear your Glock rifling much quicker, better use Lead reloads.....sheeshh what an idiot remark.

Got the remark from an RO at the range.

·
MDW Guns
3,745 Posts
Often copied but never matched: Glock
Shoot what ever ammo you can find, as long it's jacketed bullets.
Oh yes, if you can, don't use Wolf!

·
Angry
1,693 Posts

--Ray
Isn't that kinda like saying, a Toyota Pick-up can haul a large boat a highway speeds so therefore a Toyota Prius can do the same thing?:shocked:

You're comparing Apples to Oranges, not that Glocks aren't strong guns, but your statement has NOTHING to do with the issues.:whistling:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shoot and carry 127gr +P+ in my Glocks. Have had no problems.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts