Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Would you like to see Glock offer a MS version of their various pistols?

• No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS.

Votes: 74 37.2%
  • Yes. I'm not interested in a MS but would like to see them give customers the option.

Votes: 66 33.2%
  • Yes, I would be interested in a Glock with a MS.

Votes: 59 29.6%
681 - 684 of 684 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Glock only does that for specific contracts so not sold to the public in the US so not so flat.

I really don't care if Glock starts selling them with thumb safety options I just know I would never buy one with the safety. If someone wants choice buy the brand making the gun they way you want.
Your post talked about justifying the production change. The production changes have already been put in place, and have been for various models for decades. They can do this (already have). That is my point. It is already a paved and travelled road, not some mysterious and expensive journey!

Whether they ever allow general sales to have access is up to Glock, but that argument doesn't apply. They can find a way to add/remove serrations, add/remove finger grooves, add/remove cutouts. All trivial, just like adding a manual safety.

Your words below:
It clearly shows the No and the won't buy anyway are 70%. So why would Glock consider adding a thumb safety if it doesn't sell enough to justify the production change. Option 2 leads to a split.

Choice is simple Glock doesn't offer the thumb safety if wanted buy another brand.
As for buying another brand, people are. For a variety of reasons. Why not remove one of those reasons?

New York City historically required a super-heave trigger, and Glock happily obliged, but the uproar over that has faded, and folks talk about 12 pound triggers without foaming at the mouth (and some rumors indicated NYC may switch away from that super-heavy trigger option). Glock isn't nearly as inflexible with their design offerings as some of their followers seem to be.

·
The Shootist
856 Posts
Your post talked about justifying the production change. The production changes have already been put in place, and have been for various models for decades. They can do this (already have). That is my point. It is already a paved and travelled road, not some mysterious and expensive journey!

Whether they ever allow general sales to have access is up to Glock, but that argument doesn't apply. They can find a way to add/remove serrations, add/remove finger grooves, add/remove cutouts. All trivial, just like adding a manual safety.

Your words below:
As for buying another brand, people are. For a variety of reasons. Why not remove one of those reasons?

New York City historically required a super-heave trigger, and Glock happily obliged, but the uproar over that has faded, and folks talk about 12 pound triggers without foaming at the mouth (and some rumors indicated NYC may switch away from that super-heavy trigger option). Glock isn't nearly as inflexible with their design offerings as some of their followers seem to be.
Oh man come on! Facts? that's not fair! :ROFLMAO:
There is no maybe about it. Glocks are good, but I wouldn't call them innovative.

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
I'm happy with my Glocks the way they are, but after picking up a Sig P320-M18 recently with the manual safety I have no objection to one.

I would like to see Glock offer a manual safety on their handguns as an option just like many other manufactures do. But Glock being Glock they probably won't call it a manual safety, they'll probably call it an external trigger block or something like that.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have no interest in limiting options. In fact I LOVE options for me and for everyone else.

I chose Glock for carry mainly because it is impervious to perspiration, not requiring much attention when I take it off at the end of the day and demanding my time along with everything else I have going on. Also, it operates exactly the same way as my other carry pieces, which are very small and not available with MS's. I like consistency when it comes to the things I may need to rely on in an emergency. There is less chance of operator error mucking it up. Thus I have no use, personally, for a Glock with a MS.

Reactions: LBart
681 - 684 of 684 Posts