Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Would you like to see Glock offer a MS version of their various pistols?

• No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS.

Votes: 74 37.2%
  • Yes. I'm not interested in a MS but would like to see them give customers the option.

Votes: 66 33.2%
  • Yes, I would be interested in a Glock with a MS.

Votes: 59 29.6%
361 - 380 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
They are not. I'll explain it again. If someone doesn't want Glock to offer a MS then that means they don't want Glock to offer a MS. If Glock doesn't offer a MS then no one can buy a Glock with a MS. There is no in-between. You can't say you don't want Glock to offer a MS but then turn around and say you are okay with everyone else getting them.
Yes, they are.

If that was the case, then the individual would say "I don't want anyone to be able to have a manual safety on a Glock."

No one here has said that. Nobody. And your poll choice doesn't say it, either. And I suspect that nearly everyone who picked that option in your poll really don't think that "nobody should get them." They either didn't read it, or are confused by the poor wording.

There are aftermarket smiths who install them. Not wanting Glock to install one does not equate to "I don't want anyone to have one," because there are ways to get your thumb safety on a Glock, even if you can't buy one equipped.

This is very simple English, Dave.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper with dishonesty. You'd be better off just admitting you popped off at the mouth and said something that really wasn't true and apologize for it. But since you're not going to do that I'll simply rip your post to shreds with some facts. Here we go :)

Here, once again is precisely what you said in post #325;

Anyone who has voted no has been called out for being a troll, reported, or dog piled.
You then responded with this statement in post #341;

So where in the post does it say that I said anyone had been specifically called a troll or reported, for specifically voting no? I didn't.
So yes, yes you did say that. Where? In post #325.

So YOUR words and YOUR statement is that members here that voted 'no' in the poll were called trolls and reported to the moderators.

So I asked where anyone was called a troll for voting 'no'. You still haven't answered the question. I asked you who was reported to the moderators for voting 'no'. You still haven't answered the question. I asked how you would know that someone voted 'no' since it's an anonymous poll. You deflected and didn't answer. I asked you how you would know that anyone was reported to the moderators for voting 'no' since the report feature is a private feature. You deflected and didn't answer.

After a few hours you came back with this particular bit of nonsense:

Did you, or did you not, report Gman? You claimed to do so under the guise of him being rude, which evidently moderators didn't agree. Spoiler, he wasn't rude.

Did you, or did you not, dog pile Latka with a couple of other members?
There is a HUGE difference between reporting someone for being rude and reporting someone because they voted 'no' in a poll. Allow me to expound on that point. The report feature is to report things that violate TOS. Being rude is one of those things. Voting in a poll is not a violation of TOS and therefore it's not a reason to report someone. Now, I know that you know all this. I'm pretty sure everyone reading what you have said knows there is a difference and you are trying to back peddle and save face by using a desperate switch and bait on the words you've used. I'll expound even further; you said in your first statement that people were called trolls and report SPECIFICALLY for voting 'no'. Now you've switched it up to someone being reported for being rude.

That dog doesn't hunt. So stop with the word play and the game playing. YOU said people were called trolls and reported for voting 'no'. So back up your words. Show all of us who was called a troll for voting 'no' and how you know they voted 'no'. Show all of us who was reported for voting 'no' and how you know that they were reported for voting 'no'.

Still waiting... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
Yes, they are.
No, they aren't. And it was explained to you why. Up to you to understand it.

If that was the case, then the individual would say "I don't want anyone to be able to have a manual safety on a Glock."

No one here has said that. Nobody. And your poll choice doesn't say it, either.
I guess you need to reread the poll. Here's option #1

No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS.

Seems pretty clear and straight forward. What part of, 'No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS' is throwing you off? So if you voted for #1 (which is fine btw) it means you don't want a MS and you don't want anyone else to have one either.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Haven’t all US military branches adopted the Sig M17 with a manual safety? One could say this is a resounding endorsement for the manual safety as a combat firearm feature.
The last I had looked into it, all branches had bought or received some number of M17 and/or M18 pistols.
I believe the manual safety was specified for good reason. It's an added layer of safety that doesn't cause any real harm by simply being present, and less of a one size fits all approach. It's there if one wants to make use of it, and if one doesn't it's quite easy to simply leave the firearm in condition 1 with the safety off.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
After reading all of this, my conclusion is Glock does not offer an external manual safety on their guns, simply because the guns do not need one.
Then could you explain why Glock does offer a MS on their guns for special contracts that want them? Are those militaries and LE agencies wrong?

Also, while you're entitled to your opinion it really has nothing to do with the premise of the OP or the poll.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
The last I had looked into it, all branches had bought or received some number of M17 and/or M18 pistols.
I believe the manual safety was specified for good reason. It's an added layer of safety that doesn't cause any real harm by simply being present, and less of a one size fits all approach. It's there if one wants to make use of it, and if one doesn't it's quite easy to simply leave the firearm in condition 1 with the safety off.
That's a good way to put it. And like I tried to explain to another member above, had Glock won the contract all of their produced pistols for the military would have had a MS per the contract requirements.

·
Registered
774 Posts
No, they aren't. And it was explained to you why. Up to you to understand it.

I guess you need to reread the poll. Here's option #1

No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS.

Seems pretty clear and straight forward. What part of, 'No, I never want to see Glock offer it's customers the option of a MS' is throwing you off? So if you voted for #1 (which is fine btw) it means you don't want a MS and you don't want anyone else to have one either.
You're 100% right, Dave. I'm completely wrong.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
You're 100% right, Dave. I'm completely wrong.
Well I will say that it takes a real man to admit when he's wrong. So I applaud you. Respect. (y)

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
That's a good way to put it. And like I tried to explain to another member above, had Glock won the contract all of their produced pistols for the military would have had a MS per the contract requirements.
I agree, and believe the MS would have definately been left on the pistol if the 19 MHS was selected.

Would have made the 19X an even more interesting piece had it been offered as submitted.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was in a recent conversation with someone on a different forum about manual safeties. The conversation turned to Glock and I found out he was unaware that Glock has always made pistols with manual safeties since the beginning, for special contract to L.E. and military. I gave him some links and pics going all the way back to the early Austrian Army submissions, Tasmanian police and various other police agencies overseas all the way up until now with the Gen 5 G22's for Brazil. It blew his mind so say the least.

This brought to mind that I've seen many comments over the years from folks that would like a Glock with a MS. Now I'd like to be clear that this is NOT a versus thread. It isn't MS or no MS. But I am curious how many folks would be interested in a Glock with a MS if they suddenly started making them for the civilian market in the U.S.?

Even if you don't personally like or use a MS, many companies like S&W, Sig and Ruger offer the consumer a choice. I like that. I like having the opportunity to have a choice.

So the simple question is, if Glock started making a MS version for the civilian market in the U.S. would it be of interest to you? Or, even if not of interest to you personally, would you like to see them offer the customer the option like other companies do?

I for one would be interested to see Glock offer a MS model.

I look at the Sig P365 as a good example of the market. They started off with a non-MS model but it had the capability to have a MS from the start. Later they introduced the MS version and it's been very popular. In talking with Sig directly, they were inundated with requests for a conversion kit to the point they listened to the customers and provided it. And to say it was wildly popular would be an understatement. So it would seem the market definitely exists.

I know a lot of folks have said they'd love to have one of the MHS models with safety or one of the G22.5's made for Brazil etc to add to their collection.

So what say the GT membership? For any number of reasons (use, choice, collecting) would a MS version of current models be of interest?
No thanks.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
I agree, and believe the MS would have definately been left on the pistol if the 19 MHS was selected.
Yes, I can't imagine they would have approved Glock's MHS submission with a MS and turned around and accepted pistols without it. They would have done the same with the Sig that was accepted and of course the MS stayed.

Would have made the 19X an even more interesting piece had it been offered as submitted.
Yep. Funny because at first I was not a fan of the 19X in any way, shape or form. But the more I thought about it and researched it the more I decided it would make an excellent night stand pistol. Now I have four of them, lol. But yeah, if Glock offered the MHS or whatever they ended up calling it (19X with a MS) I'd buy that as well.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
You're getting emotional, @Deputydave. Relax. Take a deep breath. It's called a difference of opinion. How nice of you to stumble along and make the revelation that other opinions exist.

You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper with dishonesty. You'd be better off just admitting you popped off at the mouth and said something that really wasn't true and apologize for it. But since you're not going to do that I'll simply rip your post to shreds with some facts. Here we go :)
Oh boy oh boy. Let's go! I feel as I'm getting ready to head up to the top of the track and then drop with the roller coaster.

Here, once again is precisely what you said in post #325;

You then responded with this statement in post #341;

So yes, yes you did say that. Where? In post #325.
So a broken record is your idea of "ripping apart" my (so called) dishonesty?

I was expecting a roller coaster, Deputy. I was literally hanging off the edge of my seat. How disappointing.

So YOUR words and YOUR statement is that members here that voted 'no' in the poll were called trolls and reported to the moderators.
Well, let's take another fresh look at what actual dishonesty looks like, Deputy.

So I asked where anyone was called a troll for voting 'no'. You still haven't answered the question. I asked you who was reported to the moderators for voting 'no'.
You still haven't answered the question.
Glad you noticed, because those are questions that are present only in your mind. In no way shape or form, did I even insinuate such. So, not sure why you are desperately clinging to facts and points that haven't been said or made.

The actual post was;
Anyone who has voted no has been called out for being a troll, reported, or dog piled.
And it is an accurate statement of facts. Facts that I even provided you names for. You are deliberately going back and imagining things and making up nonsensical perversions of questions that were never even asked.

After a few hours you came back with this particular bit of nonsense:
Well, unlike some, I don't sit on a message board 24 hours a day and be available at a moment's notice. But, let's entertain my (so called) nonsense;

There is a HUGE difference between reporting someone for being rude and reporting someone because they voted 'no' in a poll.
And again, I'd have to ask where I said anyone had been reported specifically for those purposes. Going back to the actual post where I said anyone who had voted no, you clearly were manipulating Gman into attempting to get that individual to post something you could hit the report button over. That's an old trick used by... Take a wild guess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Then could you explain why Glock does offer a MS on their guns for special contracts that want them? Are those militaries and LE agencies wrong?

Also, while you're entitled to your opinion it really has nothing to do with the premise of the OP or the poll.
Nope. I choose not to. I simply posted what MY conclusion was. Do you have a problem with that?

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
You're getting emotional, @Deputydave.
Not at all, I'm quite enjoying pointing out your posts. You make it really easy.

So you're still going to dig a deeper ditch for yourself? Good. You and I aren't the only ones that can read these posts so I'm quite content to let the reader decide for themselves in regards to the level of your honesty. Let's recap again;

Here's what you said in post #325:

dcoots204088 said:

So I asked who was called a troll and reported for voting 'no'. You replied in post #341;

dcoots204088 said:
So where in the post does it say that I said anyone had been specifically called a troll or reported, for specifically voting no? I didn't.

So I responded that you did, in post #325. You then tried to dodge the whole issue (again) by changing your wording;

dcoots204088 said:
Did you, or did you not, report Gman? You claimed to do so under the guise of him being rude

Now we ALL know that those are two entirely different things. No one has been called a troll for voting 'no'. No one has been reported for voting 'no'. You did say those things and the proof has now been quoted in multiple posts for all to see. And you are 100% wrong.

So once again, responding to your statement in post #325...who was called a troll for voting 'no'? Prove it. Who was reported for voting 'no'? Prove it. Show the posts. Show the quotes. And stop trying to worm your way out of standing up for what YOU said. Be a man and stand behind your words. Prove what you stated in post #325.

We ALL know you can't. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,829 Posts
I have used Glocks almost weekly for the past 11 years, and have trained and am comfortable with the firearm WITHOUT a manual safety. I am firmly convinced ANYONE can be trained to be safe with a Glock without a manual safety. That said, I realize there are people who will never feel safe without one. I have nothing against the company incorporating one, but I don't feel they're necessary. There should be a fourth choice to the survey: "I don't care!"

Reactions: Jonny Yuma
361 - 380 of 684 Posts