Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Obviously those videos are made by the same moron that originally came from an XD Forum. If anyone truly fires their handgun like that, you shouldn't have one to begin with. A member here said:

"The term "reliable" explains that if the device is operated in the intended and designed-for manner it will function as it is designed to function (a blender will not send a fax no matter how "properly" you operate it)."

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm a notorious flincher, only been shooting handguns for two years. XD9 jammed constantly even with a death grip on it. Bought a G23 (more recoil, but lower bore axis), 2,800 rounds down range with only one hiccup with a new mag and aluminum case cartridge (approx. 100th round fired), and couldn't be happier. Are you sure the guy who made this vid isn't a Glock hater who figured out some niffty way to make the gun look bad? Certainly the ultra lightweight frame of the Glock requires a bit of practice to acquire accurate shots, but this vid(s) baffles me.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm a notorious flincher, only been shooting handguns for two years. XD9 jammed constantly even with a death grip on it. Bought a G23 (more recoil, but lower bore axis), 2,800 rounds down range with only one hiccup with a new mag and aluminum case cartridge (approx. 100th round fired), and couldn't be happier. Are you sure the guy who made this vid isn't a Glock hater who figured out some niffty way to make the gun look bad? Certainly the ultra lightweight frame of the Glock requires a bit of practice to acquire accurate shots, but this vid(s) baffles me.
Yes, trust me. The videos (along with several others this guy makes) originated out of an XD Forum...and are even featured on Springfield's website.

If you have a problem with flinching, say you fire 100 rounds at the range, go home, load a snapcap and fire 1000 dryfires. You'll never flinch again.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks. And I've also noticed that, although it takes nerves of steel, a lighter grip and even pull (calmly not anticipating the recoil) results in a bullseye.

·
Politico
1,130 Posts
Anyone who shoots like that is a moron anyway. Hold it like you're supposed to and nothing will go wrong.

·
"Senior" Member
740 Posts
Don't see what that's trying to prove.

I don't see anyone shoot guns like that reguarly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't help but wonder if they even teach physics in high schools anymore. That's not "limp wristing," it's NO wristing. The only thing this idiot has proven is that Newton was right.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is some BS. After watching this video for the first time, I went to the range and rented a G23. I hold the gun exactly as he is doin his test. The gun fired flawlessly. When I go back home , a going to make my own video and post it here.

·
Politico
1,130 Posts
This is some BS. After watching this video for the first time, I went to the range and rented a G23. I hold the gun exactly as he is doin his test. The gun fired flawlessly. When I go back home , a going to make my own video and post it here.
Please do!

·
Registered
287 Posts
The guy who made those videos (tharmsen) is a complete jerk who happens to be totally full of himself. He has a few vids on youtube, including the ones the OP linked to here. I asked a couple of simple questions about the vid and not only did he blow up and start insulting me, he acted like he was the ultimate allmighty "know-it-all" of firearms. :upeyes:

Just a jerk to the 10th power, and then some. :whistling:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
There is a big flaw on those videos. Aside from being edited three times:dunno: why. If you notice the way he tested the glock, it it totally different from the way he tested the other guns. On the glock not only he limps wrists but pulls back rapidly, stilling inertia from the slide back movement. Something he did not do on the other test guns where he only flipped the muzzles up! Does this guy think we are that stupid not to notice???:supergrin:

·
Registered
98 Posts
About a month ago I let my co-worker shoot my G30(5'4" 110lbs and 1st time shooting a gun) she limp wristed the hell out of it. She spent about 4 mags worth of bullets and did not FTF or jam or anything. The Glock was shooting perfectly!
I want to see your vid as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of course nobody shoots like that, and nobody holds a gun in a way that can make it jam.
These movies just come to make a point that glocks are more limp-wrist sensitive than others - which is a known issue anyway.

And as a side note, last monday I tried to shoot my glock the same way this guy did and it didn't jam at all. I tried to shoot it sideways, upside down.. it worked.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Of course nobody shoots like that, and nobody holds a gun in a way that can make it jam.
These movies just come to make a point that glocks are more limp-wrist sensitive than others - which is a known issue anyway.

And as a side note, last monday I tried to shoot my glock the same way this guy did and it didn't jam at all. I tried to shoot it sideways, upside down.. it worked.[/quote]

You should of taken a Vid of that,,,,then post on Youtube to rebuttal his claims. I think you'll see some guys on here do that very soon.:supergrin:

·
Premium Member
22,809 Posts
Obviously those videos are made by the same moron that originally came from an XD Forum. If anyone truly fires their handgun like that, you shouldn't have one to begin with. A member here said:

"The term "reliable" explains that if the device is operated in the intended and designed-for manner it will function as it is designed to function (a blender will not send a fax no matter how "properly" you operate it)."
I can't view the videos now, so I hesitate to comment. However, a gun should be able to operate with a less than ideal hold on it (in a manner probably as not intended by the manufacturer). Common examples would be firing with a wounded arm, firing at an awkward angle due to a struggle.

I'll have to check these out when I get home. Sounds like what he is doing is way off the cuff.

·
Registered
371 Posts
There is a big flaw on those videos. Aside from being edited three times:dunno: why. If you notice the way he tested the glock, it it totally different from the way he tested the other guns. On the glock not only he limps wrists but pulls back rapidly, stilling inertia from the slide back movement. Something he did not do on the other test guns where he only flipped the muzzles up! Does this guy think we are that stupid not to notice???:supergrin:
I noticed that as well. He seems to use a technique for the 17 that is quite a bit different than the one he used for the other pistols.

I didn't see him manipulating the 17C quite as much, but if you go back and view his technique on the G17, it's quite obvious that he is 'pulling' the firearm.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I can't view the videos now, so I hesitate to comment. However, a gun should be able to operate with a less than ideal hold on it (in a manner probably as not intended by the manufacturer). Common examples would be firing with a wounded arm, firing at an awkward angle due to a struggle.

I'll have to check these out when I get home. Sounds like what he is doing is way off the cuff.
There is a MASSIVE difference between a poor grip and holding the gun with two fingers while standing beside it. It's also why I train to shoot with both hands, although awkward, it might save your life someday...

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I have seem this video before and often hear rumors of glock is prone to impwrist, but never try it out to confirm the myth. If this is not true can someone please make a video and put this myth at rest.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts