close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glockomamatry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TAC-TICS, Jan 24, 2003.

1. TAC-TICS

TAC-TICS

After about 6000 rds through my G31 I began to have feeding problems.
    It appears that the round (both FMJ/HP) would nose into the feed ramp and create a malfunction (FTF). I thought that the mag springs had got tired and the slide was moving too fast to fully pickup the round from the mag to correctly feed the round; So I changed Magazine spring to Wolf, still had the same problem. Then change the recoil spring (harrts recoil guide rod and factory wt 17lbs spring) still same problem. Now I have changed to a 19lbs and have seemed to have solved the problem.....good to go for the last 200 rounds without a malfunction....

Anyone else have a similar problem...if so how did you correct it?

2. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

Were the mags hi-cap or klintom mags?

3. TAC-TICS

TAC-TICS

Sorry, they are high cap mags

4. JeffC

JeffC

Were they FML or NFML? I couldn't get a pair of NFML to run in mine.

5. TAC-TICS

TAC-TICS

6. JeffC

JeffC

Glock mags seem to be stronger in the feed lip area than other magazines but still perhaps your lips are out of tune i.e. need opened up. Or perhaps your mag catch and or magazine notch are worn? Do your 10 rd mags set higher in the magwell than your hicap? Are you useing the 40-5 follower or the older style? Your 357-10 followers will be the same as the 40-5 except for part #. Make sure there is no polymer flash inside the mag that could be slowing down the follower on its way up or dragging against the springs. Finally maybe your factory recoil spring was shot? I don't see how they can last that long in a .357 anyway.

7. TAC-TICS

TAC-TICS

Going to the 19lbs recoil spring has seemed to have solved the problem. I'll put another 200+ rounds through the pistol next Wednesday, and will keep this thread updated.