close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glockmeister oil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mail Clerk, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

Hello to all,

I'm new to this forum and have many Glocks in my battery which consist of 9's and 45's. My basic question is has anyone tried the Glockmeister's lubricant/oil as opposed to Glock's own copper based grease? I usually just use Breakfree oil to lube my rails and such. If the opinions are favorable I might get my CC out and try one bottle of each or just one. Let me know guys/gals.

Mail Clerk

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The copper stuff is just anti-seize compound and should not be re-applied to the gun.

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

4. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

Many thanks for the info. I guess the copper stuff is out for me.

Mail Clerk

5. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

WalterGA,

Yes I've seen many thoughts about using Mobil 1 OIL but can you explain why this is so much better than others like Breakfree or for that matter any other oil?

6. WalterGA

7. Kodiak PA

Kodiak PA Bear Land

I'm perfectly happy with the $1 bottle of Rem Oil. I have never seen any excessive wear when I use it. On my 1911's I use Wilson's Ultima Lube but for my Glocks and Revolvers I just use Rem Oil. Works great and is cheap.

8. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

WalterGA,

Many thanks for the info but for now I'm just gonna use Breakfree as I don't believe my Glocks will get that hot to cause a "cook-off" problem/issue.

Later,
    Mail Clerk

9. WalterGA

10. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

Been surfing around a bit looking into the best lubricants for handguns. I currently use BreakFree CLP, but have read that FP-10 is a far superior CLP than breakfree. Just ordered me some yesterday($5 for 4oz), pain in the arse finding some on the web tho:)

Just my 2 cents from my online research.

11. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

www.brownells.com has it So does Galyan's.

I've used, Militec, Breakfree CLP, FP-10 CLP, Remoil and Mobil-1. They all work fine for me and I couldn't really tell the difference. However, Militec is proven to not be very good at rust resistance and Remoil is to thin.

My preference is FP10, the guys on the AR board swear by it. If and when I ever run out of FP10 I'll use what's left of my breakfree. After that, who knows?

12. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

The guys on the 1911 board swear by it too... been doing some research on my next handgun:)

13. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

..bout forgot, thanks for the links!

14. Guy Powell

Guy Powell Guest

www.fp10.com

Or type in FP-10 to just about any search engine. I've tried them all, NEVER seen anything like the fp10. I can actually see and feel the difference.

If you email them for samples George Fennel is the one to direct it to. Quite a nice and helpful person.

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

FP-10 is the absolute BEST oil for a stainless steel firearm & excelent for all others.
    I use it exclusivly on my series 180 Pasadena .44 AutoMag. What's THAT tell you ????
    And yes, the AutoMag gets shot, it's not a "Safe Queen", as it's my favorite lg. caliber for bowling pins.
    The .45 1911 w/optics is faster, but the AutoMag is a LOT more soul satisfying!

uncle albert

16. Mail Clerk

Mail Clerk

Hi Guys,

I have a bottle of FP-10 and it seems/feels no different than any oil I've tried. I have so much oil on hand I don't need to buy for a good 6 years!!! To me there all the same.

17. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

Interesting information I found online, ... so they're not all the same.

Wear Tests were performed by an Internationally recognized ASTM Research Facility in San Antonio, Texas, between Breakfree CLP® and Firepower FP-10 Lubricant Elite™.

The test results show two categories of data. One being the load wear index, or scar on the bearing after the test reaches its maximum lubricity or seizure point. The second being the seizure point itself. As can be seen from the attached data, the load wear index of Break Free indicates 61.83 and a weld point (bearing seizure) of 315 kg. When FP-10 was run under the identical conditions, it did not seize, even at the highest load point possible on the machine (720 kg).

The results obtained from wear tests performed according to ASTM D 2783 are as follows:

Oil Code ____________Load Wear Index _______Weld Point. (kg)
    Break Free CLP __________61.83 _________________315
    Fire Power FP-10 __________N/A _____________No Seize at 720

Firepower FP-10 did not seize at the highest load available in this test procedure.

18. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

Here's a list I found of people/organizations/companies that used & endorsed fp-10. Sure it's for some good reason.

Les Baer Custom, Inc., Kimber Mfg. Inc., FN-Manufacturing, U.S. Repeating Arms, Detonics, Smith&Wesson (Auto Pistol Division), Wesson Arms Mfg, Caspian Arms, Olympic/Safari Arms, DSArms, Inc., Sierra Bullets, Ed Brown, Jim Clark, Jim Garthwaite, Dane Burns, Alan Marvel, Waldo Lydecker(Dean Spier), Neal Fortin, Accurate Plating & Weaponry, Bar-Sto, Walter Birdsong of Birdsong Associates, Coonan Arms, Firearms Training Consultants, Tactical Firearms Training (Charlotte, NC), Kim Ahrends, Kings Gunworks, Navy Seals, U.S. Army National Guard, All Airborne Rangers Units, National Guards, Special Forces, Delta Force, Various other Military Units, Law Enfocement, Military Sniper Units...and countless others .......

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Now you know WHY I use it on the AutoMag

uncle albert

20. Yo_Hanz23C

Yo_Hanz23C

I'm with you uncle Albert, I just got 2 4oz bottles in the mail this past week and that's all my guns get lubedd with now:)