close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glockmeister mount problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shooterx10, Oct 28, 2002.

1. shooterx10

shooterx10

Ejected brass hits the weaver rail (rear end) of my Glockmeister mount. This caused me to have some major jams on some stages. The ejected brass hits the rail and at one point, a shell casing went back into the chamber, causing me a jam! ;t

I use the Weaver rail for my Aimpoint Comp XD. However, when I tried to move the rail, there are no other screw holes for the two allen screws. I'm thinking of taking my Dremel and hacking off the access portion of the Weaver rail. ;6

I'll post some pictures up later of my setup so you can get a better idea of what I'm trying to get at.

Meanwhile, I'd much appreciate any and all feedback or advice.

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well the best solution would be a Carver mount. But, since you're asking about the THE/Glockmeister style of mount then grab the Dremel and remove the excess material. You'll have better, not necessarily perfect results. What caliber are you shooting?

3. shooterx10

shooterx10

I'm shooting a Glock 35 in .40 S&W, Aimpoint Comp XD, KKM barrel with 4 port comp, and all the 'fixins...;j

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Shooting major? 13lb spring? When I used a similar setup with a THE/PDP5CMP using light loads I had similar problems, moving to more powerful loads seemed to mitigate the situation. The comp slows the slide, when I put in the stock barrel the problem went away. I was shooting GSSF so no power factor allowed for very light loads, not good with the comp.

5. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Shooterx10, How do you like the KKM barrel? I am thinking about one for my G35.