close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glockmeister Front and Rear Sight Tool

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Stablefall, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

I just ordered the tool and some Meps for my G-30. I couldn't find any posts regarding this tool so "took a chance." I will post my experiences with the tool installing the Meps if there is interest. I would also like any input from anyone with experience using this Glockmeister tool.

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Why don't you use the "search" feature for "Glockmeister Sight Tool" and see what you find. I remember several threads about that very subject.

I use the MGW rear sight tool @ $54, from Brownell's...works on both large and small frame Glocks.

3. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

I performed the search you suggested. Nothing useful resulted. Thanks for all your help

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I have no idea why the search didn't work, as I distinctly remember several threads regarding the Glockmeister sight tool. My recollection is that all the posts were negative.

5. Abaddon

Abaddon

My Glockmeister Sight Tool functions perfectly. I had the first one that Glockmeister made and it was ok but not as durable as I expected. I contacted Glockmeister concerning the problem and they sent me the new model....excellent service and they stand behind their products.

6. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

Since my original post I received my sight tool, used it to install Meprolites on my G-30. I found it to work fine. It is a little high on price compared to others but works as advertised.

7. Rex G

Rex G

Will the front sight tool work to install the screw post on the longslide Glocks? The access hole is too small to work with any of the 3 front sight tools I now have. Thanks!

8. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

Rex G,
    Sorry I can't answer your question regarding long slide Glocks. All I can confirm is the front site tool works fine on a G-30 and G-27.
    I would assume a hex socket would work as well also.

9. esv

esv Millennium Member

Rex

I bought the Aro Tek 3/16 driver and it accesses the nut through the small hole in the long slides perfectly. I think Lone Wolf has a combo tool that also works well.

10. Rex G

Rex G

Thanks, ESV! I found the Aro-tek on Lone Wolf's site over the weekend, and placed an order. It should be here this week.

11. Roger C

Roger C

The rear sight tool from Glockmeister is garbage. Loose tolerances cause the main drive screw to wobble and not push straight on the sight. Unlike the previous post, I didn't get a good response from Glockmeister or any offer to replace it.

The MGW tool is excellent.

12. Stablefall

Stablefall CLM

I have used the Glockmeister tool to replace sights on a G-30 and G27. It worked perfectly both times.

13. Abaddon

Abaddon

I voiced my concerns regarding the original tool that I purchased to the owner of the company. I think his name is Ben. He resolved the issue immediately by sending me a new updated tool that was of much greater quality. Sorry that you had a bad experience. I would definitely call them back until the issue IS resolved.

14. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I bought this universal sight pusher, made by PI, Inc., from Brownells last year. IIRC, it was about $100. So far, it works great on all of my handguns (including my Glocks).

[​IMG]

Just this week, I had to order the below 3/16" nut driver from Lone Wolf ($25) because my others wouldn't fit through my Glock 35's access hole, properly.

[​IMG]