Glocking again!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ZekerMan, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Hello fellow Glock owners: I thought I would introduce myself since I am a new member but a Glock owner/shooter since about 1994, I had to sell off most of my gun collection 10 yrs. ago because of a job/location change although I kept my Mod. 27 and Mod. 35 and finally in the past yr. have added a Mod. 22C and a Police trade-in Mod. 22 (kind of a crossbreed as the pic. shows:wow:). Thanks for all the good information and mostly informative Glock discussions.

Zeke in Ks.

NRA Life Member
    Former Marine 71-73

2. glock19 lover

glock19 lover

Welcome, Nice collection!!!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010

3. PA1911

PA1911

Welcome! Nice group of pistols. I learn something new every time I hit Glock Talk

4. thejellster05

thejellster05

Welcome! Where in KS are you? Im in Topeka.

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Welcome and nice family you have there.

6. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I am located in Hays, I see you are from Kathleen Sebelius former home town!! I'm sure glad she shipped out to Washington to be with her own kind, Thanks to Obamer picking her for his cabinet we were able to get CCW passed!

7. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

8. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

Welcome, and nice collection. I'm glad you're adding rather than selling. I have a question though. Tell me more about the 22C. What do you use it for? And how does it's compensation effect its range... compared to the 22? I've thought about getting one. Either a 35 or 22. But I wanted a more hands-on take, before I commit.

Thanks Again.

M

9. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Martin: I actually was looking for a Mod. 23 when this 22C came up for sale locally so for $450 I could not pass it up since it was only test fired then became a safe queen. I had owned a 23C and a 24C prior so I knew what I was getting into, somewhat less recoil is a plus but depending on what ammo is used you are looking for a flash at night, I did install night sights on it. I took the barrel from the Mod. 22 Police trade-in and put it in the Mod.22C for now and then put a Mod.35 barrel in the Police Mod.22. I plan to use the Mod.22C for shooting local competetion along with the Mod.35. If I were to only have one Glock it would be a non-compensated model. Oh yes...for me the range accuracy as in 25 yds. or more is about the same with a comp. barrel as a non-comp. barrel. Hope this helps.

Zeke

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  10. guns54

guns54 toni

glad to see your glocking again. stay safe and good shooting.

11. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

Thanks for the info. Yes, I plan on getting a non-compensated model. Probably the Glock 35. A question I have is, I've had many friends comment on the compensated frame. I noticed you've had several yourself. They keep mentioning the nicer sheen and more balanced frame. Talking how the slits, made the gun less heavy and more even, both in holding and firing the gun. Any truth to that? Since you've had several.

M

12. Zertek

Zertek

13. Nicko

Nicko GTDS FOR LIFE

Nice collection. Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

14. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

15. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Martin: If you get a Mod. 35 you will be getting a good all around pistol. I have put about 4,000 rnds. thru mine without a malfunction so it is my favorite glock, well balanced and a great shooter with the MMC rear site. With a shoulder holster or whatever it could be a carry piece if one wanted to. The 22C did not dirty the front sight like that model 24C used to but if I remember right the 24C had the cutout on the slide like the Mod. 35 does, someone correct me if I am wrong. No better sheen on the Mod. 35 tho.
    Also included a pic. of my home defense shotgun. :cool:

Zeke

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010