close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock30 velocities with cor-bon???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cowboywannabe, Jun 4, 2002.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

anyone know where there is actual chronograghed readings from a glock 30/36 with the heavy .45 acp loads particularly with the heavier cor-bon loads? thanks for any help.

2. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

There was a test done a while back and the G30 only lost 50 fps on the average compared to the G21.

3. TERRY MURBACH

TERRY MURBACH

THIS PISTOL HAS A CHAMBER TIGHTER THAN A CRABS A$$ AT HIGH TIDE SO YOUR RESULTS WILL VARY:
    1. 230JHP'S= 990FPS
    2. 200JHP'S= 1040FPS
    3. 185JHP'S= 1140-1160FPS
    4. 165JHP'S= 1200-1225FPS
    5. 165PB=1200FPS

THE ONLY, I REPEAT ' ONLY ", WAY TO KNOW WHAT YOUR PISTOL IS DOING IS TO CHRONOGRAPH IT. THEY'VE NOT MADE TWO PISTOLS ALIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD AND IF YOU THINK YOUR PISTOL WILL DO SUCH AND SUCH 'CAUSE IT IS A SO IN SO [ PUN INTENDED ], YOU WILL BE WRONG.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

thanks guys, i wasnt looking to use those figures to be exact in my gun, just a rough guesstimate of how a particular round would do in a particular gun on average that is.
    i had a friend with a chrono, but hes moved away and now i dont have access or the location to do the testing, im in northern virginia and its getting harder to find open spaces to shoot.

i carry cor-bon 230 grain jhp in my glock30 but i dont think it gets anywhere near the 990 f.p.s. average yours gets with it.
    that round is listed at 950 f.p.s. from a 5" barrel, i think my 3.75" barrel knocks off maybe 75 f.p.s. from that but who knows?
    thats why im trying to collect this info on this brand and weight ammo and from this particular gun to see what the accross the board average is.
    thanks again guys.

5. scv

scv

try calibers.com or something like that. they have the info i think you want.