Glock26 grip problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by migm, Feb 27, 2010.

1. migm

migm

I have small hands for a male, and I find that I have problems with gripping the glock 26 resulting in a low left shot because of finger placement on the trigger. I've realized that I wasn't getting enough of my finger on the trigger which was causing a low left shot reproducible when dry firing. Getting more of my finger in there helps a lot but having the web of my thumb high up and centered against the butt and getting the finger in there properly is actually hard.

Also I seem to be rubbing the bottom of my trigger finger against the bottom of the guard causing a bit of a blister. Anyone have any advice for me? I really hope these are solveable since I don't want to deal with getting another gun.

2. species0113

species0113 RECOIL WHORE

sell it and buy something that fits you better.

3. migm

migm

4. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi
    Do you have the +2 extension on the G26? I would not sell the gun until you have tried some different techniques. as an example maybe you could shave off the finger groove. that may make you able to reach the trigger. You could take a file and file down the groove. There was a thread here a few days ago on how to do it. My finger also rubs against the bottom of the trigger guard. But I would have to fire a few thousand rounds before it really bothered me. But you could also file that part of the trigger guard that rubs against your finger. hope this helps

1SGMP
    Out

5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Try different grip extensions until you find something that works for you (GAP floorplates are a good option). Try shooting w/without the pinky on the grip. My wife has tiny hands and she has no problems handling the 27, and her hands are SMALL, like really small.

Some folks have taken a dremel to their glocks to smooth out the portion of the frame that gives you those blisters. I just saw a thread about it not long ago where someone showed pics of his work. Good luck.

DH

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  6. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

I agree, look into what your options are (grip reductions and such) before looking into something else.

7. migm

migm

Which finger groove are you guys referring to? And yes I have +2 on my mags

8. 32dgrz

32dgrz

Try TALON grips. Helped me a bunch

9. migm

migm

Thanks for the idea, man but if I'm thinking about it right adding more bulk to the grip would make things worse.

10. ajjacks916

ajjacks916 IDPA SO

Talon grips, Skateboard tape, Magazine extensions, A&G extensions or texturing. Can not think of any other options for a Sub-Compact.

11. kda

kda NRA Life Member

To the OP. How much of your trigger finger are you getting onto the trigger? You really should not use any part of the finger past the middle of the first finger pad.

If follows (or does on my 26) that with the middle or tip of the first finger pad on the center of the trigger ... there is not a lot of trigger finger rubbing on the trigger guard since that pad is up on the trigger.

For those whom I teach shoot, low left hits are almost invariably the result of poor trigger control ... usually jerking the trigger and not focusing on pulling the trigger directly backward so that the finger motion on the trigger exactly follow the axis of the barrel.

And yes, I thought as you do that Talon Grips would make the grip a bit bigger ... but on my pistols it really is not noticeable and the added traction and grip improvement dramatically improved my shooting ... and I was surprised and pleased by that.

12. pangloss9

pangloss9

I have a G26 that's a little big for my hand. When I got the gun I shot low and left like you describe. My shooting improved with time. However, now that I see how comfortable the Gen4 is, I'm seriously thinking about getting a grip reduction on the G26. How many rounds have you put through your G26 so far?

13. migm

migm

To the person who asked how many rounds I've put through it -- right around 1300 or so.

In answer to this question.. it depends on how centered the gun is in my hand. If it's truly centered in the webbing of my hand like I think it's supposed to be, I can get just barely the pad of my first knuckle on there. To be honest, because the gun has a rather long pull it goes on at an angle so only the bottom right side of my right finger (i shoot R handed) is on the trigger at the beginning of the pull. The blister I believe comes from the fact that I'm too low on the trigger (I think) and its rubbing against the bottom of the trigger guard.

In terms of traction, I have added agrip which is is quite thin and should provide extra traction.

14. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

15. hamburger

hamburger

I know it's immature, but I can't help it :rofl:

16. migm

migm

:) duly noted.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  17. migm

migm

A friendly glocktalker has pointed out the rough line or seam on the bottom half of the trigger guard. I will take that out and see if that helps with the blister that I got on the side of my finger after only 200 rounds.

I'm starting to learn towards the gun just being a little too thick in the stock for my small girlish hands

18. SCC

SCC just me

SAND THAT SEAM DOWN .. and then get back to shooting the gun you need more time on the gun dry fire a lot you will see ..

19. tango44

tango44

I Don't understand you but when you say that your hands are too little to reach the trigger it has to be a baby hand, because my 5 year old kid can grab the trigger in the correct way????
    Check your grip technique because I'm almost sure that's the problem, pics will be great.

20. migm

migm

Sure, I'd be happy to take pictures... and I agree with you, my hands are small but not *that* small. I should be able to grip this gun properly so I hope I'm screwing something up. Pictures forthcoming