close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock23recoil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FURA, Feb 16, 2006.

1. FURA

FURA

I have a glock23 , I want to feel like a 9mm recoil . what can I do ?
    tanks.

2. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

Get a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel.

Or trade it for a Glock 19.

3. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

I believe Jakk in on the mark

Another solution is reloading your own ammo in 40S&W - OK for practice. (IMHO)

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Reload & put in a softer spring.

You can get your 23 to shoot noticeably softer than standard 9mm, if you work at it.

5. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

+1
    I shoot a 23 with a lighter spring and the slide speed is up but the muzzle doesn't flip nearly as much. At this point I'm still shooting factory loads. I plan on shooting 200gr bunny fart loads in the future. Had an RO say to me the other day, nice run hardly any muzzle flip. A proper grip will do wonders for recoil control. Do some searches on both thumbs forward style of grip.

6. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I used to think that way too. I would shoot a downloaded G23 for GSSF and did pretty well with it. Then I switched to a G17. Factory ammo felt softer than the wimp .40 stuff I had been loading. Downloaded 9mm is even softer.

It all depends on what you want the gun to do. Softer isn't always faster. Sometimes, a snappier load the cycles the slide faster gets you back on target quicker.

7. Clay1

Clay1

While not a G23, I normally shoot a G34 and had the pleasure of shooting a friends G35 the other day. He had the recoil so mild that I had a hard time telling the difference between my very mild 147 grain Zeros which I load to 130 PF and his handloaded 165 grain Zero load. It was exceptionally mild. His 40 cost more to reload than my 9 did though but he did put a bigger hole in the target at the same powerfactor. He shoots it in production in USPSA and as you know there is no minor and major power factor in production - everyone in that division shoots minor.

Sweet gun to shoot.

After saying the above the conversion barrel if you don't reload will pay for itself in the cost of ammo and you can always put the 40 barrel back in it if you need something with a bigger bang.

Rick