Glock Talk banner

Glock17/Glock45 compatibility

765 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Royles
So is the Glock 17 slide on a Glock 45 frame compatible? I want to try and replicate the Glock 47 but I want some insight on if the Glock 17.5 slide will work and function on the 45 frame. I am aware about the adapter for the short dust cover.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,121 Posts
(following)

I love the idea of G17 gen5 upper slide assembly on a G45 frame. However, I'd prefer that Glock offer a G19L (G17-length) gen5 upper slide assembly similar in concept to the G48 (with an integrated dust cover). The mix-n-matchability of the G43, G43X, and G48 upper slide assemblies and frames is excellent and hopefully the way of the future.

· Registered
11,865 Posts
I put a 17 slide on the 45 frame and it locked the gun up. It goes back too far and the safety plunger gets caught on something. This was without an adapter. Do not recommend it. The 17 barrel works just fine in the 45 slide.
You need the adapter. The Gen 5 just offers compatability here where prior Gens did not (no longer need a special barrel).

It's doable. You just need the adapter.

Kinda pointless though if I do say so myself.

· Premium Member
Glocks: I have two G34.3’s, a G45, a G44, a G48 MOS
501 Posts
I think I’m kinda hooked on that extended dust cover look that they 47 has. I know your prob gonna say get a 34 then but the 34 is a tad bit too long imo. Maybe I’m just overthinking it, I just really love the whole Glock 47 look!!
I do understand. I was just curious. I hope you can pull it off.

· Registered
47 Posts
Closest you’ll be able to come to a G47 would be a 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel in a G20 slide & frame. May not even need the conversion barrel.

Also, the guy in this video converts a G20 to 9mm with a conversion barrel, different recoil spring & G20 mag “modification”. Not sure if it works. But here you go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts