Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a difficult decision to make. I wanted to purchase another Glock but can`t decide whether I should get another 9mm or a .40. The only thing I don`t like about the 23 is that it`s a used gun but the shop I went to was willing to give it up with 1 clip, mag-loader, a few cleaning utensils & the bbl, pins and slider are all replaced with chrome pieces for 400$. Good deal? Suggestions?

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
Well, first of all the Glock 17 isn't a compact, the G23 is. Secondly, which will fit into your lineup right now? and Third, what do you want?

$400 is decent for a used G23, not mindblowing. Chrome pieces mean nothing, you can make your own chrome pieces by just polishing the black off the ones that come on your Glock, if that turns you on.

·
CLM #51
57 Posts
I have a difficult decision to make. I wanted to purchase another Glock but can`t decide whether I should get another 9mm or a .40. The only thing I don`t like about the 23 is that it`s a used gun but the shop I went to was willing to give it up with 1 clip, mag-loader, a few cleaning utensils & the bbl, pins and slider are all replaced with chrome pieces for 400$. Good deal? Suggestions?
"all replaced with chrome pieces"... Stick with a stock Glock.

I have both a G17 and a G23, they each have their purpose. What do you want it for? But if you get G23, I'd go with one that has OEM parts.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
you should go with the chrome peices cause they add bling factor that is so highly coveted in a Glock

·
Herr Trigger
1,261 Posts
Do you already have something else chambered in .40S&W?

Are you getting and brand new G17 for $400?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Glock 17 compact? Haha you mean the Glock 19?

Out of those two, I would probably take the 17 just for economy's sake, but it really depends on what caliber you want...

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I would look at it from the side of adding another caliber to ammo I needed. If you already have something in .40, get the G23. If you don't, stick with the 17 (or 19). I was looking at a .40 cal pistol over the weekend (it wasn't a Glock, I feel so ashamed :embarassed:) but I don't feel like adding another caliber. Everything I have is either .22, 9mm or .45ACP (I've got one little .32 but it's an old Mauser that I don't shoot so I don't count it), so I stick with those. I want a G21 in the worst way, wouldn't mind having a G30, and would give a body part or two for a G17L (which I actually had a chance to fondle in the gunshop and was trying to figure out how to come up with the extra $$$).

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
What do you want to use the gun for? This answer will go a long way in helping to make your decision. If you just want the chromed gun for a bling factor, then get it. How many calibers of ammo do you want to keep around, and have to buy. This is another decision., along with ammo costs. You are the one that has to live with the decision you make. It is your call.

·
GLOCKER
1,247 Posts
I say go for the 17, especially if you are wanting the gun for range use/defense. 9mm ammo is a lot cheaper than .40 cal ammo. You can get 50 rounds of premium defense ammo (Federal HST) for under $20 at www. ammunitiontogo.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts