Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Glock 17 gen 1 for a couple of years. I fell in love with it. As I noticed more and more along with research I discovered the original magazine was different in many ways. From what I finally found,which is virtually impossible, was the magazine base plate without Glock stamp actually was authentic? It’s drop free and I didn’t use it for lack of knowledge Thoughts?

·
Daca is caca
3,722 Posts
Does it drop when loaded?
The original mags didnt. Is why they went with fml

·
Registered
13,221 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Does it drop when loaded?
The original mags didnt. Is why they went with fml
I only shot with it once. It was intentional. What I found was it was to keep from losing the mags in military or police initiative
[
]
I have had a Glock 17 gen 1 for a couple of years. I fell in love with it. As I noticed more and more along with research I discovered the original magazine was different in many ways. From what I finally found,which is virtually impossible, was the magazine base plate without Glock stamp actually was authentic? It’s drop free and I didn’t use it for lack of knowledge Thoughts?
OP' Is "Glock" the best thread title you could come up with?
cut me some slack. I had never posted on here. I’ve got 4 Glock mags. The one I think is very rare. The others ar
I suppose he could have titled it "17"
adding tags help? I had never posted on here before
Give him a break, he’s new
ty. I added a tag. I’m wanting to get a 19 now as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 760998 View attachment 760998 View attachment 761000
I only shot with it once. It was intentional. What I found was it was to keep from losing the mags in military or police initiative
[
]

cut me some slack. I had never posted on here. I’ve got 4 Glock mags. The one I think is very rare. The others ar

Also I have a holster I can’t even find online anywhere. It’s not in great shape but I love it. Too bad I don’t have the original box and kit that came with it

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,887 Posts
Sorry for the "those" other guys...glad to see you posting...just play with the site, you will figure out how to add tags etc....that is a neat Gen-1...I think the Orig mags you have may be quite valuable...especially to a few of the die-hard collectors on this site...I would not be surprized if you received a few private messages with offers to purchase them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T
Also I have a holster I can’t even find online anywhere. It’s not in great shape but I love it. Too bad I don’t have the original box and kit that came with it
Sorry for the "those" other guys...glad to see you posting...just play with the site, you will figure out how to add tags etc....that is a neat Gen-1...I think the Orig mags you have may be quite valuable...especially to a few of the die-hard collectors on this site...I would not be surprized if you received a few private messages with offers to purchase them
I
Sorry for the "those" other guys...glad to see you posting...just play with the site, you will figure out how to add tags etc....that is a neat Gen-1...I think the Orig mags you have may be quite valuable...especially to a few of the die-hard collectors on this site...I would not be surprized if you received a few private messages

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
View attachment 760998 View attachment 760998 View attachment 761000
First off, Welcome to GT. You will find an immense wealth of good info here. You will also find a bit of, shall I say, not quite as useful info. You will figure out which GT members to believe.
As far as adding a 19 to your collection, it is a great gun. I love mine. I also love my 26. I don't know your background or experience level, so please don't be offended, but before you spend a bunch of money on guns, consider investing it on ammo & good training. Consider your needs & if possible, rent a 19 as well as a 26 & others that might also fit in your collection before buying. There are a bunch of good guns out there & since you already have a 17, the 19 isn't a great deal smaller.

·
Registered
750 Posts
pic.JPG
Is it the Glock Sport and Duty Holster? I can't tell from the pic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First off, Welcome to GT. You will find an immense wealth of good info here. You will also find a bit of, shall I say, not quite as useful info. You will figure out which GT members to believe.
As far as adding a 19 to your collection, it is a great gun. I love mine. I also love my 26. I don't know your background or experience level, so please don't be offended, but before you spend a bunch of money on guns, consider investing it on ammo & good training. Consider your needs & if possible, rent a 19 as well as a 26 & others that might also fit in your collection before buying. There are a bunch of good guns out there & since you already have a 17, the 19 isn't a great deal smaller.
For sure. My friend is a what I consider a foregone expert. He has a great 19 I shot with custom grip. Iam definitely intermediate but my friend has triple balance old school scales and makes some of the best ammo I’ve ever seen. Shoots around 85 grain in his berets all the time

·
Registered
389 Posts
Your holster appears to be a Glock OEM duty holster.

From the store on Glock's website:
GLOCK Duty Holster (G17/G22/G31)
$21.00

In stock

The tough basic model, with both left and right hand versions, secures the entire pistol safely with thumb break retention strap. Available in 1.77 in. (45 mm) belt width.

Only designed for G17/G22/G31’s. **Note: Does not fit the GLOCK G43, G43X & G48 pistols**

(Not available for 10mm, .45 AUTO and .45 G.A.P. pistols.)

Also if you want to see a youtube video on the holster:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3aPwQsZosA

1 - 18 of 18 Posts