Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Requal today with my 19 & 26.

3 issued mags (use the 19 mags for both weapons).

2 rounds with the 19 and 1 with the 26 (3 courses of fire).

Once each course, on the same string (6 rounds in the mag)

Fail to feed... I am thinking a nose dive. Did the tap, rack, fire drill and was back on course.

Armorer tore apart the mags and 19 and found nothing wrong but a dirty feed ramp. These mags are new and I keep my guns clean. The dirty feed ramp was from the previous 40 rounds...

Another weird thing. After I pulled the trigger and it went "click" about 2 seconds later there was a "sproing" as if a spring released... nothing else, just the "sproing" and feeling of a spring releasing.... ?????

Armorer said it was my wrist :) ok.

The 19 is old...2nd gen, but the 26 is new. Since it happened to both I'm still thinking it's a mag.. since I used the 3 duty mags for both weapons.

for a decade or more, I neverhad a ftf with a Glock. Now it's happening every requal...

·
HOOYA DEEPSEA
4,285 Posts
I would suggest replacing the mag springs and a good cleaning BEFORE the requalification then. I have no way of telling what the reall issue is from the post. Are these mags issued from an armory before the requal or daily carry for duty gear?

Try that, go shoot and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

How often does the gun get fired/cleaned?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to get to the range twice a month. We requal twice a year. Mags are newly issued as mine. I had the last set for 7 years before they would replace them.

I'm gonna tear it down and clean it really good this weekend, see what happens.

Thanks,

-Coop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts