Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While discussing another thread over the .357 auto cartridge someone mentioned where New Mexico’s department of public safety recently retired their Glock line due to weapon stress and picked up another line of firearm in the .357 auto. My question is what evidence of stress would there be on their Glock firearms and what should I (as an armorer for my department) look for in our 8 year old issued G22’s? I’m afraid the topic of weapon stress was never brought up in my basic armorer’s course and I’m not sure what to look for. Would it be something serious like fractures in the frame, or would it be something minor like replacement of the recoil spring assembly?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Recoil springs should be replaced at 10,000 rounds or sooner if weak functioning occurs, I would not worry about stress fractures unless you get several examples in a row. NM's replacement of pistols is more political than any real problems.If the libs in Govt get there way cops will be back to DA revolvers and .38 SPL round nose lead bulletts. Or just billies and whistles lick in England

1 - 2 of 2 Posts