Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance, but so far I only own Sigs.

Do Glocks come with a lifetime warranty? Is there info on the Glock site about this (couldn't find any)?

Also, is the warranty transferrable? And, if not, if I buy a used one from a private seller, how good would Glock customer service be about helping out me, the new (used) Glock owner?

Thanks!

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
On paper, it's a year, in real life, they will take care of anything that is not caused by your neglegence or abuse..shooting a million rounds is not considered abuse in a Glock.

·
just me
8,179 Posts
i have some new and some used glocks and the fix them all for free i just take it to the and they fix it right up !!!!!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
232 Posts
my 17 is 20 yrs old

the just looked at it today replaced a spring said see u in another 20

glock is da best

·
9mm Kind of Guy
308 Posts
YES ... The Glock Customer Services Are Incredible ... Thanks To Them ...

~§~

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies/advice. As I said, I only own Sigs, which come new with a lifetime warranty but the warranty does not transfer to a new owner if it's bought used in a private sale. All of mine were bought used, one as a CPO that at least has a 1 year limited warranty. So I was just curious.

The wife has banned me from adding to the collection unless I unload one of the 3 guns I have......I gotta admit, I'm tempted. While my 220 is untouchable, I'd consider giving up either the 226 9mm or the 229 in .40/.357sig. Or, I can just wait about 9 months (my b-day in March), and then I can have a fourth w/o having to sell one I have.

I'm considering a G19.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Thanks for all the replies/advice. As I said, I only own Sigs, which come new with a lifetime warranty but the warranty does not transfer to a new owner if it's bought used in a private sale. All of mine were bought used, one as a CPO that at least has a 1 year limited warranty. So I was just curious.

The wife has banned me from adding to the collection unless I unload one of the 3 guns I have......I gotta admit, I'm tempted. While my 220 is untouchable, I'd consider giving up either the 226 9mm or the 229 in .40/.357sig. Or, I can just wait about 9 months (my b-day in March), and then I can have a fourth w/o having to sell one I have.

I'm considering a G19.
You don't have to worry about the warranty. Parts are cheap and it's easy to replace any part in the gun. If for some reason you can't fix it, send it to Glock Inc. (it will cost you $60 for government required overnight shipping) and they will fix it and send it back for free. Or if you are going to be in Atlanta (Smyrna) just drop it off.

I do like Sigs but the Glock is IMO even tougher and more reliable. The main difference is that the Glock is lighter and it has a lower bore axis... and thus less felt recoil. You will notice a big difference in the trigger though, and for that reason I would not want to have both a Sig and a Glock. Switching back and forth messes up the muscle memory.

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
...one as a CPO that at least has a 1 year limited warranty. .....

Funny, that is just the opposite of Glock.

Factory new Glocks come with a 1 year warranty, but the factory Rebuilt or Refurbished Glocks come with a Lifetime warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts