glock warranty

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chi_light_power, Aug 3, 2007.

1. chi_light_power

chi_light_power

Does installing aftermarket mepro nights void your warranty? Talked to a gunsmith today asking about putting in a 3.5lbs connecter in my g30 and he said the installation of any aftermarket part on your glock (including night sights)will void your warranty. Is this true? I had mepros installed but kept the original factory so I guess I'll be good if I reinstall the old sights as far as warranty service is concerned.

2. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

He is wrong.

Sights do not void the warranty.

Other parts (if the are deemed the cause of damage to the pistol) will void the warranty.

Even if you send the pistol in to GLOCK for a factory check up, and it has 100% aftermarket internals other than the slide/frame/barrel.. it will come back with 100% OEM parts, with your aftermarket parts uninstalled.

GLOCK is not allowed by policy to reinstall aftermarket parts.

Other than sights, that has always been an exception. You can buy Trijicons right from GLOCK, and sometimes Mepros.

3. chi_light_power

chi_light_power

Thanks GSD,I thought I was screwed there for a minute but I actually called glock shortly after I posted this and he said pretty much the same thing, but thanks for your help. I guess you can't believe everything you hear

4. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

So your if I want spare factory parts to just send in the gun with aftermarket stuff, so that I get back OEM parts and the aftermarket ones?

5. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Kind of a cheating way to do it, but I guess so.

If you want spares, just order them from vendors. Most every part costs less than $5. Most less than $2.

6. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

I wouldn't actually do it. One because I don't plan on putting a ton of aftermarket parts in my Glocks, and two it'd be a bigger pain then it is worth. Besides being ethically wrong.

7. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Glad to hear, just checkin :thumbsup:

8. laxidaisikal

laxidaisikal

There is no reason for 99.99999% of Glock owners to ever talk with a gunsmith about a Glock.

Meant to add that shipping the Glock will cost you more than all the "free" parts you'd be getting.