Glock warranty?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 3leggeddog, Mar 7, 2010.

1. 3leggeddog

3leggeddog

How long is the Glock warranty?? I'm thinking about getting a G19, anything that will help me shoot it MORE accurately that I need to buy??
    Thanks for any replies!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

When I bought my G23 that was made in 04 it came with a card that said it had a one year warranty, but that some state laws do not allow firearm warranties to be limited in various ways. I'm not sure what their current implied warranty is or if they even imply a warranty, but from what I understand they will service any pistol under warranty as long as it hasn't been used in such a way that would void the warranty.

Some of the things that would void the warranty would be use of aftermarket parts that affect function, using any ammunition except factory new ammunition loaded to SAAMI pressure standards, using unjacketed lead bullets, custom work done to the gun by anyone other than a Certified Glock Armorer, or taking the weapon apart past field strip except if done by a Certified Glock Armorer.

Some people have posted here that they've even bought used Glocks that Glock worked on under warranty. The only thing to be aware of is that you usually have to pay to ship the gun to Glock for warranty service, and that you should research how to legally ship the gun to Glock for warranty service. There are several laws surrounding the shipping of a firearm, and from what I understand only people with Federal Firearms Licenses can ship firearms using the US Postal Service. I think you can ship the gun through another parcel service without having an FFL ship it for you as long as the gun is unloaded and being sent to the manufacturer for warranty service, and of course you follow all of your local laws and federal laws.

As to what you can buy that will help you shoot more accurately, ammo. The biggest factor in accuracy is the person shooting the gun, not the gun itself or any modifications you can make to it. Practice at the range is the greatest thing you can do to improve your accuracy. The only other thing I could suggest would be cosmetic changes such as different sights if you don't like the stock Glock sights or changes to the grip such as grip sleeves or Talon Grips.

If you haven't yet owned a firearm, I'd suggest getting in contact with an NRA Certified Firearm Safety instructor about taking a firearm safety class and tell them how much experience you have with firearms. I'd definitely suggest taking a safety class before even touching a firearm.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010

3. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Shamless plug for the GSSF: At a GSSF match, an armorer will replace anything to make the gun work. My Gen 2 G17 from 1992 only has the original frame, slide, firing pin, and barrel left.

If you can't get to a GSSF match, then I have found that Glock will fix just about anything for as long as you own it, provided you haven't obviously abused it on purpose. Heck, they might then anyway, just to see how you broke it.

4. Thiokol

Thiokol

I bought a police trade in 2nd generation G19 in January from one of the well known companies on the net. When it arrived I was shocked to see its condition. Internally it was filthy, the slide finish was just about gone, and the magazine was garbage. The only good things were the barrel, which looked like new with no wear to the hood, and the frame, which was perfect.

I sent it to Glock the very next day to have the slide refinished and to have the internals upgraded. They replaced all of the internal parts, refinished the slide with original finish, replaced the sights, replaced the mag with a brand new one, and sent it in a brand new box with paperwork and cleaning tools.

They originally quoted a $45.00 fee to refinish the slide so I expected them to charge me $45.00 and return shipping. The repair order that they included indicated that everything was covered under warranty and they charged me nothing.

5. G20gunner

G20gunner

The thing I love about the Glock is it's simplicity. Provided nothing catastrophic happens, if anything wears out or breaks, I could fix it myself.

G20gunner

6. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

Yes i'm not sure it was mentioned bu important information, that anyone can please correct if they know otherwise, BUT
    DO NOT ship a gun via US Postal service! You MUST use UPS or Fed Ex. The owners manual for my bersa thunder warned against this, the US Postal service will confiscate the gun if they KNOW its a gun, it is NOT legal to ship a gun with US Post. I would assume that applies to lower receiver also (considered a gun by ATF.).

7. G20gunner

G20gunner

You're right, only FFL holders/businesses can ship USPS, the rest of us have to use FedEx or UPS.

G20gunner

8. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

2 things, ammo & range time