close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock vs. taurus

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wallyglock, Jan 11, 2018 at 6:22 PM.

1. wallyglock

wallyglock

i have a few glocks . pretty happy with them overall . accurate & super reliable at a decent price.
    my neighbor has just recently purchased a taurus millemium g2 . i had a chance to handle it today , was impressed by the feel , trigger reach , and the double strike capeability ! maybe a couple of ounces more than my g43 but has a 12 round capacity . at under $200 brand new ! he said in shooting it the first and only time he has fired it , maybe 3-4 mags full , had a couple of jams with hollowpoints . i told to shoot it some more cause many auto have to have a break in period .
    anyone else own one of g2 models ?
    i was impressed enough to maybe pick one up myself if they have them on sale again at any retail outlet. if the function turns out to be reliable i could see it riding with me instead of the glock.

rjr573 likes this.
  2. Lunch Meat

Lunch Meat

3. powernoodle

powernoodle

The PT111 G2 is a fine gun. Once upon a time they had their problems, but those have been long resolved. My PT111 has been 100% reliable and is a frequent companion on my belt.

Don't listen to the people who have never owned one or run a case of ammo through one. It is fashionable group think to disparage the PT111, but that dogma is not supported by the facts.

GT people tend to hate Sig sua sponte, because Sig kicked Glock's axe in the MHS trials. And similarly, they tend to hate the PT111 because it goes bang just like a Glock but costs $350 less.

The only way to be sure about the PT111 is to buy one and see for yourself.

4. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

Stay with Glock Perfection. The neighbor will have buyers remorse at round count #250 or so. JMHO.

Most people who like Taurus are not shooters. It is just a pretty gun in their sock drawer if they hear a 'bump in the middle of the night'.

5. STI

STI

I wonder how many LE agencies here carry Tarus.?

6. dudel

dudel

7. rds95991

rds95991

Try it and if it works for you great. They had/have a lifetime warrantee on most if not all of their products. If it doesn't work out, sell it. At the price point you can get it you won't lose too much.

As far as LE agencies using them, there are lots of other guns the LE agencies don't use that are better than the Glocks and S&W's many use so I wouldn't use that as a determining factor.

My departments issue was a Beretta 96 if you didn't want to qualify and carry something else. Many chose 1911's but I don't know of a lot of PD's that issue 1911's.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 1:20 PM
    Bennydabull and Richard Taracka like this.
  8. curtmini14

curtmini14

remember the old saying you get what you pay for.

9. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

I have one that I bought out of curiosity. I still carry my Glocks, but the Taurus G2 has been stellar. No malfunctions whatsoever with any ammo, including assorted defense rounds.

Jimmy Jesus likes this.
  10. kwo

kwo

My keltec 's have been good also. Not in the same class as glock . JMO

11. billsg27

billsg27

I know your looking at the g2, but I purchased a 85 ultralite revolver and it has been flawless. The previous statement that you get what you pay for is way of base. Glocks are fairly expensive, but you get one of the worst finishes.

12. 40frank

40frank

Today when I purchased my blue label 30S, I overheard a customer ask the dealer about Taurus. He stated he stopped selling them because of quality issues. In fact, most of the small gun shops around here stopped carrying them. For some reason if you wanted one, you would have to go to the big box type sporting good chains...at least that’s how it is in my area. I personally don’t have any experience with them.

13. druryj

druryj

14. druryj

druryj

I had to chuckle at this. Whatever...

PSC617 likes this.
  15. rds95991

rds95991

Had to throw it in. Someone asked how many PD's use Taurus as if that determined the quality of the gun.

16. cbird77

cbird77

Glock > Taurus... If you can afford a Glock or already have one and choose to buy and carry a Taurus instead, to me that's just crazy talk.

17. JamesRJ56

JamesRJ56

I had a Taurus 85 revolver. Daggone thing would just tear up the target, just destroy that bullseye. Never had to work hard to aim, just point it at the target and shoot. Traded it away and wish I hadn’t.

billsg27 likes this.
  18. Hank Was Right

Hank Was Right

I’ve had several Taurus autos. The Beretta clones worked great. Not as refined as the real thing. The others, including a 111 and a 24/7, were not 100% reliable. Their revolvers seem quite serviceable. Just my experience.

19. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Interesting. The shops around here all stock the G2, at least the 9mm version, and all rave about it. Sure they'd like to sell you a more expensive gun, but for someone not willing to spend the extra for a Glock or a Sig, it's really not a bad alternative.

Earl Smith likes this.
  20. Lunch Meat

Lunch Meat

My LGS Prides itself in being "Tactical" I don't think I've ever seen a Taurus in there

captcurly likes this.