Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
i own a g30 and also a .45 xd. Both shoot nice but i carry my glock.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
No experience with the XD, but a G30 is my daily carry gun. Fits my hand perfectly, and it's super accurate.

Now if I could just find some ammo...

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,043 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Both are great guns and neither is better, just different. Feel different, shoot different, etc, but that's what's great about them. They fit different hands.

If the XD came in a grip length equal to the G19 it would be my choice but they don't so I have the G19.

Since this has never been discussed before, Good topic!

Seamaster

·
Yeah, so what?
4,698 Posts
THIS SHOULD HELP.

It is very simple really. Below is an honest comparison of pistols.

The GLOCK is a polymer frame pistol. This material has more strength than hardened steel.
The XD is made of what is really a type of plastic. Like all toys, being made of plastic, it will break.

The GLOCK, being made of polymer, costs around $50 to make, and is a huge bargain at $500 because the profits go to Gaston Glock.
The XD, being made of polymer, WOULD be huge bargain if Springfield would sell it for $275, because they only cost $50 to make, and the profits go to Springfield Armory.

The GLOCK has no manual safety. The safeties are released by the act of preparing to fire the pistol. This is very fast and will keep you alive.
The XD has no manual safety. Besides the trigger lever, it has a backstrap safety that is released by the act of preparing to fire the pistol. This will get you killed as it will malfunction. Anyone who wants an extra safety is a fool and shouldn’t own a gun.

The GLOCK is made in Austria, which is a foreign country. Other foreign countries include Germany, Sweden and Switzerland.
The XD is made in Croatia, which is a foreign country. Other foreign countries include Ethiopia, Belize, and Rwanda.

GLOCK’s manufacturing history includes shower curtains rings, truck parts, a toaster and only ONE gun. They got it right the first time.
Springfield’s manufacturing history spans 100 years and includes every thing from black powder, to a rolling block single shot rifle to the M1, M1a, Garand, 1911, M14 and even guns for airplanes. They obviously can’t decide what they want to make.

GLOCK’s never break. That is why every single person on every single forum is a “certified, trained GLOCK armorer who can fix everything.
Springfield wants you to send a pistol to someone who is a professional gunsmith if it breaks.

The GLOCK 21 shoots the .45acp. The most devastating man-killing round ever devised.
The XD-45 shoots a .45acp cartridge that was designed nearly 100 years ago….hello? 21st century calling Springfield! Are you there yet?

GLOCK uses a process called ‘tennifer’ on their pistols. They will never rust.
The XD-45 uses a process called ‘melonite’ with is the same as tennifer. Other older Springfield models do NOT use ‘melonite’. Those models will cause the new XD45 to rust by association.

All problems with a GLOCK, from frame rails that fall off, recalls that are not recalls, to barrels that blow up and sights made of plastic, can be traced to one thing….limp wristing the pistol while firing.
All problems with the XD, whenever they show up, come from being made, at first, by a different company.

·
Registered
376 Posts
imo

XD's are easier to shoot. Glocks take some getting used to (XD has better frame design and grip angle). XD was designed around the grip.

G30 and G36 are much easier to conceal, and more size efficient. Glocks were designed around the capacity.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
I say avoid the whole issue. H&K INVENTED the polymer pistol. Thus, I recommend this:

If you are MAN enough...

·
Banned
16,152 Posts
THIS SHOULD HELP.

It is very simple really. Below is an honest comparison of pistols.

The GLOCK is a polymer frame pistol. This material has more strength than hardened steel.
The XD is made of what is really a type of plastic. Like all toys, being made of plastic, it will break.

The GLOCK, being made of polymer, costs around $50 to make, and is a huge bargain at $500 because the profits go to Gaston Glock.
The XD, being made of polymer, WOULD be huge bargain if Springfield would sell it for $275, because they only cost $50 to make, and the profits go to Springfield Armory.

The GLOCK has no manual safety. The safeties are released by the act of preparing to fire the pistol. This is very fast and will keep you alive.
The XD has no manual safety. Besides the trigger lever, it has a backstrap safety that is released by the act of preparing to fire the pistol. This will get you killed as it will malfunction. Anyone who wants an extra safety is a fool and shouldn’t own a gun.

The GLOCK is made in Austria, which is a foreign country. Other foreign countries include Germany, Sweden and Switzerland.
The XD is made in Croatia, which is a foreign country. Other foreign countries include Ethiopia, Belize, and Rwanda.

GLOCK’s manufacturing history includes shower curtains rings, truck parts, a toaster and only ONE gun. They got it right the first time.
Springfield’s manufacturing history spans 100 years and includes every thing from black powder, to a rolling block single shot rifle to the M1, M1a, Garand, 1911, M14 and even guns for airplanes. They obviously can’t decide what they want to make.

GLOCK’s never break. That is why every single person on every single forum is a “certified, trained GLOCK armorer who can fix everything.
Springfield wants you to send a pistol to someone who is a professional gunsmith if it breaks.

The GLOCK 21 shoots the .45acp. The most devastating man-killing round ever devised.
The XD-45 shoots a .45acp cartridge that was designed nearly 100 years ago….hello? 21st century calling Springfield! Are you there yet?

GLOCK uses a process called ‘tennifer’ on their pistols. They will never rust.
The XD-45 uses a process called ‘melonite’ with is the same as tennifer. Other older Springfield models do NOT use ‘melonite’. Those models will cause the new XD45 to rust by association.

All problems with a GLOCK, from frame rails that fall off, recalls that are not recalls, to barrels that blow up and sights made of plastic, can be traced to one thing….limp wristing the pistol while firing.
All problems with the XD, whenever they show up, come from being made, at first, by a different company.
Very clever post. :cool:

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
But which one is better?
:rofl:
I never cared for the XD series, even though I owned three XD's.
I do now have a XDm 40, love it.

Is Springfield better than Glock?
Is Ford better than Chevy?
Is Toyota better than Honda?

:dunno:

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
H&K, FNP, or Glock, in that order.

Some cool SIGs too, but quite expensive for the quality.

Edit: I like XDs but they don't have a very long history yet and the two rear rails are polymer. IMO some parts just shouldn't be polymer, like the partial polymer feed ramp on the Beretta polymer pistol.

·
NRA Life Member
736 Posts
Some of these answers to your question are typical glockaholic answers. I had a g26, shot a CZ PO1 and the glock was sold. My son-in-law had a G21 and after shooting it, I bought an XD45 instead. It all depends on what the shooter likes and not what all these posters think,they are not you.....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts