1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,925 Posts
Boy I sure hope he is on my side.

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
Um, yeah. Comparing an unconcealable custom speed rig that fires ammo loaded for minimum recoil to anything you'd actually want to use for SD is full of fail.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Um, yeah. Comparing an unconcealable custom speed rig that fires ammo loaded for minimum recoil to anything you'd actually want to use for SD is full of fail.
Actually, I cant say for sure on the 2.99 run, but I have seen jerry shoot in person, and got to handle his gun. It was not a speed rig, nor was he shooting weak rounds. He was actually shooting factory UMC loads. The only modifications to the gun was the cylinder edges were chamfered for loading. Not exactly an exotic mod either. He's just that good.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Yeah give him a regular SA revolver that isn't loaded with blanks and lets see how fast he is.
#1 watch the video, he pulls off some fast shots with some of the most solid blanks I have ever seen hit a target.

#2 WTH is up with this place anyway? There are some people out there that can shoot a revolver crazy fast and accurate. I guess if it were a glock you guys would feel different?:rofl:

·
Registered
255 Posts
while bob munden is awesome, the bullets arnt lead; theyre loaded with coarse black powder and wax, they act like shot shells
http://bobmunden.com/school.htm
While Munden's site does state that students will learn to load with wax, it also says that one should never quick draw with real ammo. I'm sure that if one of those wax rounds hits you in the foot from <3 feet away, it'll feel "real" enough. So that may well be a precautionary statement to reduce liability. I am not sure it is indicative of what Munden himself uses during competitions.

As for the weak loads, customizations, etc... One I can believe that it is a pretty typical gun/loading. Two, mods can only get you so far... they won't change how quickly your hands move or how naturally you point. So even if he's only 1/2 as fast with an over the counter gun, that's still 6 rounds on target in under 6 seconds out of a wheel gun (which, as much as I like my Glock, is definitely the final say in reliability). I'd say he'd do OK in a SD situation ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
didnt read my own post before i submitted.... ive watched alot of quick draw stuff on youtube (thats where i got the wax/black powder info)...i posted bobs site incase any one wanted more info on him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts