Glock Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LUXweapons, Apr 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM.

1. LUXweapons

LUXweapons

Hey everyone,

Have noticed online and through the forums everyone has modified or upgraded their Glock quite a bit. What is the advantage of getting upgrades such as agency barrels and slides or hyve mags etc? Thanks!

Cynthia7421 likes this.
  2. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

None.

Somewhere between 250 and 500 rounds you will have a good ideal if you need to change anything out.

While at it continue onto 1000 rounds down range for the "1000 Round Trigger Job".

Cynthia7421, Random, gjarcher and 4 others like this.

3. James Dean

James Dean

I find Glock's to be very good right out of the box. Buy ammo and extra mags.

n2g, Cntrl23, rfd339 and 7 others like this.
  4. LUXweapons

LUXweapons

I have put over 5k rounds through my Glock and another 5k each on two of my sigs, but still haven't found a need to upgrade anything. I have a red dot Romeo on my sig for when I am feeling the red dot, but other then that, I have been running them bone stock. Does a upgraded barrel or slide make a huge difference? I do like the coloring and cut outs of some of the Agency barrels and slides though.

Cynthia7421 and G19 fan like this.
  5. phixion

phixion

6. jayglocker

jayglocker

I upgraded my eyeballs with cataract surgery. Right eye April 3rd; left April 10th. I've been shooting with both eyes open since my stint in the service. They are now 20/20 as tested by the eye docs. Colors are more vivid. Reading letters are now distinct and separate and no little feet on the edges. It's now looking like staring a window that's just crisp and clean. Used to be filthy, foggy window. Have to wear special sunglasses, too bright. I'm 70 and should last til I die.

7. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

It seems to make the poser type a little more self-confident, other than that it makes a very simple and reliable pistol iffy. IMHO, the money is better spent on magazines and ammunition. I would have to exempt night-sights from this because the factory sights are not as wonderful as the rest of the Glock.

LUXweapons, Cynthia7421 and G19 fan like this.
  8. G19 fan

G19 fan

Ditto. Invest the money on ammo & good training. Glock makes a great pistol right out of the box. Some prefer to customize but don't rush it. Give the stock setup a chance first. If you get into competition shooting, listen to the more experienced shooters & ask questions. My EDC is a bone stock G19-4 which I'm very happy with.

LUXweapons, Cynthia7421 and slamdunc like this.
  9. G19 fan

G19 fan

Maybe I should have elaborated. My "bone stock" G19 is the "Talo" version. It came with the Ameriglo front sight. It's my only Glock, & I don't have any experience shooting with the standard factory Glock sights.

Cynthia7421, LUXweapons and slamdunc like this.
  10. gjarcher

gjarcher

Other than changing the sights ... which is just as much a personal thing as a 'necessary' thing ... what Glock Commander said just about sums it up. The trigger does smooth out after the '1000 round' polishing.

What upgrades are beneficial depends on what the main purpose of the Glock is ... and likely money would be better spent on a quality holster compatible for the purpose, IWB, Cross Chest Alaskan, etc.

11. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor

Well, once again GT folks have stepped up with the best advice you will receive regarding your question...just read the first 5 replies and you will have your answer

12. Mike-M

Mike-M

You left out the most appropriate words "gullible and lacking skill and experience" after "everyone". :)

And be careful with that misused word "upgrade". That shows a user who has already been duped by aftermarketer BS. If your Glock is to serve any serious function...perhaps as a self-defense WEAPON...there should never be any aftermarketer junk in the fire control mechanism ever. The aftermarket junk is strictly for range toys only, where it doesn't matter if the pistol always functions reliably.

Welcome to Glock Talk.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 6:37 PM
  13. seebee62

seebee62

The only thing I’ve done to my 19 G4 was upgrade the sights and a trigger guard job.
    I like the feel of the stock trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Toni77

Toni77 Silver Member

It depends.
    I always replace the trigger bar with a polished one and flat shoe trigger. But if the factory trigger works for you... no need for it.

Extended slide release, hogue grip, fiber optic sights,.... a whole world out there for your Glock if that's your choice.

I'd advice to be quite careful replacing springs and RSAs with different lbs though.

LUXweapons, G19 fan and Cynthia7421 like this.
  15. Kennydale

Kennydale

Big difference between needing to change out parts from wanting to change out parts. Wife's G26 Night sights and extended Slide release and Mag release. She has a average female hand and I think they are beneficial.
    My carry G17 XS Big Dot Sights, Talon Rubberized grip, a BUTT PLUG for grip. Nothing major on any of my Glocks

Cynthia7421, LUXweapons and G19 fan like this.
  16. Keith Pierson

Keith Pierson Exploring Alternate Routes

Pardon my skepticism, but this near exact question was asked a couple of weeks ago by a new member. I'm pointing this out because he/she argued a bit later in the thread because the answers weren't what was expected,,,,,,,,,,,,I expect.
    Glocks "need" ammo and training. People like to add bling, and no foul there, but it isn't a need. Some like sights, and a grip of some sort, but they aren't needed either.
    Put 1000 rounds down range and then evaluate what you want to add.
    Welcome to the mayhem.

Cynthia7421, LUXweapons and G19 fan like this.
  17. bykerhd

bykerhd

Upgrades ?
    More like personal preference, or tailoring to suit the individual.

Nothing really NEEDED for a Glock, but, changing sights, adjusting trigger pull or replacing miscellaneous things like slide or magazine releases to personalize the weapon generally do no harm.
    If it makes a person more comfortable with the gun then I think no harm, no foul.

Cynthia7421, G19 fan and LUXweapons like this.
  18. LUXweapons

LUXweapons

If you look at my wording... upgrades would not be the proper way to ask that question. Appreciate the great feedback you provided..

Cynthia7421 likes this.
  19. LUXweapons

LUXweapons

After reading all the responses it seems there are very mixed feelings on upgrades/mods to Glocks. I understand its very reliable right out of the box and will always bang when the trigger is pulled, but no one really touched base on if upgrades such as a slide or barrel provides supeior performance when shooting. Totally understand customizing items for a personal touch to your gun and to feel more comfortable with your gun.

Cynthia7421 likes this.
  20. LUXweapons

LUXweapons

Have not posted any where else on the forum or from another account. This is my one and only. Answered some questions people had about a Sig Sauer p365, but other then that you must be getting me confused with some one else!

Cynthia7421 likes this.