Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I neglected to clean or oil my Glock for 2,500 rounds, yet it continued to perform flawlessly. This reliability is common, so therefore, is unimpressive to me.
BUT... and this is a big but, when I submerged it in mustard, after dousing it in chili, and sprinkling it with onions as my friends suggested, it FAILED, to fire HOT DOGS! This was completely unexpected and I find this performance, or lack thereof to be entirely unacceptable!
Did I not dice the onions finely enough? Did I make a mistake using coarse, stone-ground mustard? I made sure to use "no-bean" chili, as the YouTubers recommend, to ensure the test medium adheres to the industry accepted baseline. Maybe I left some relish inside the magazine from a previous test?
My feeling is that firing thousands of rounds flawlessly out of a neglected dirty dry gun is a boring and unsatisfying level of reliability, that I have trouble coming to terms with. If that's all that matters, what's left! Training?! Practicing to fire tighter groups with acceptable speed?!? (YAWN!) I THINK NOT!
Make no mistake. I love my Glock. But if I can't get it to fire hot dogs, what valuable service does it provide me? Maybe I could bake it in the oven to see if I can soften the stiff recoil spring some, but my friend says the sights would melt first. Encase it in concrete for increased strength? But that would likely increase the carry weight some.
I just don't know what to do. I'm at my wit's end. Any suggestions, other than those that conflict with my preconceived notions, would be greatly appreciated. All others will be ignored.:chatter: But PLEASE :help:! I don't want to have to buy some other gun to save face.
...People are starting to laugh at me.

:devildance:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I enjoy cleaning my guns but a friend of mine whom I shoot IDPA/USPSA and 3-Gun with is currently at 15k rounds on one of his 34's since the last cleaning. It is filthy but keeps working.

The longest I ever went without cleaning was about 5k rounds on one of my 1911's. It was pretty filthy as I was shooting 200gr LSWC's over Clays.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pen a letter that's cute. Don't blame the NRA. Go protest outside the glock factory in Ga. Its their fault and Trumps your gun doesn't shoot hot dogs.
Nope. Manufacturers should only be held liable for what atrocities criminals randomly choose to carry out with their products, not for inadequate performance.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.