GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ADDED:
05/06/19- Another box label variation for the 4th series box. ES Serial range with a listed fixed sight.
05/11/19- Added the 7th Series box for the finger groove models
12/04/19- Added another box variation for the standard non-L series. This new will be type 5 and bump the variations in this series to 8.
Added all (4) of the 88 manuals front side and backside.
Added a box lid with the 1986 Best In Market sticker.
12/20/19- Added greater info on serial number runs 3, 6, 7, and 8 as provided by Sniper.
01/15/20- Added DS as an ending serial number for series 3 boxes.
01/30/2020- Added info about the 88 manuals and an image of the first 3 loader variations.
01/31/20- Added a 9th variation in the tuppaware standard box series.

I had to create a new thread since I can only post 11 images per individual post.
I have box labels posted along with known serial numbers for that series box. By no means is this represented as a complete list.
I have listed serial number ranges of boxes from what I have learned. I absolutely expect the ranges to grow. I welcome any and all to provide additional info.

Still a great amount of additional research to complete.

I want to foremost point out this post is a collaborative effort to many members here who contributed to its creation. I still need to give credit to those who offered images and I will do so. Still much to add.

Glock Series 1 Box 1986 No Wings- Gen 1 Glock 17 (Uncommon Box)
Serial Number run- AF-BB

Series 1 Glock Box 17.jpeg

Series 1-2 Lid 17 on left side

Series 1-2 Lid.jpg

AF752 Series 1 Box.jpg

This sticker is located upper right hand corner of lid.
Image provided by Glockhoarder

BB282 Series 1.jpg

This sticker is in the more common spot of right side of box going forward with the Tuppaware series

Manuals for the above series
Glock Manual 85.jpg
Glock Manual 86.PNG

Glock Series 2 Box 1987-1988 Wings- Gen 1 Glock 17 (Uncommon Box)
Serial Number run- CE-CW

Series 2 Glock Box 17.jpeg

CM218 Series 2 Box.jpeg

Image provided by L.A.Tactical

Manual most commonly seen with these
Glock Manual 87.jpg

1988 owners Manuals
There are (4) versions of the 1988 Manual. (3) of the cover images are the same with the last in the series featuring a 2nd Gen Glock 17. The back covers is how to separate the first (3) editions. Most auction sites are unaware of the differences in these versions. Using the Glock Serial Number Research Project can help you determine which issue may be most accurate based on your production date. There is no 1989 manual but a 04/1990

All 88 Glock manuals.jpg

Glock first (3) Loader variations. There are (3) variations that are similar in appearance. A prefix Glock 17s will be the style to the far left. A slight texture to the finish and similar to the 2nd series loader finish. A safe bet in loader style for all early A series Glocks. Not cheap to purchase if buying from someone who knows what they have.
The middle is distinctive due to the thumb bump on top of the loader. This is the only real difference between the two. I have seen these loaders with B series and later. These are not as uncommon to find as the 1st series but certainly not as easy to find as the 3rd variant.
The 3rd is distinctive due to its smooth finish. These can be purchased from those who know what they have from $50-$75.
1-3 loaders (2).jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Glock Series 3 Box 1987-1988 Wings- (Extremely Uncommon Box)
Serial Number run- CL- DS
AN577US (Gen 1 G19) - original stickers, but based on other conversations, it's believed that these are the cases that Glock put them in AFTER the guns were traded back into Glock

Series 3 Glock Box 17.JPG

Image provided by geefal

Series 3-4 Lid.jpg

Series 3-4 lid change. Removal of 17 from lid top stickers added

Series 3 and 6 Glock Box.PNG

CY881 Series 3 Box with Replacement Series 6 Box.PNG

CLXXX Series 3 Box 2.JPG

Image provided by geefal
CLXXX Series 3 Box 1.JPG

Image provided by geefal

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Glock Series 4 Box 1988-1991 Wings- Common Early Box seen with Gen 1 and 2 in the models 17 and 19 at least. Distinctive due to the Orange Sticker and Lid will have 9X19mmPARA.
Serial Number run- DH-TU

Series 4 Glock Box 17.jpeg

Series 3-4 Lid.jpg

Series 3-4 Lid. Removed 17 from top and added stickers

DH871 Series 4 Box.jpeg

EU158 Series 4 Box.jpg

2019-05-06 (1).png

EU158 Series 4 Glock Box.jpg

JQ Series 4 Box Cutaway.jpeg

Image provided by L.A.Tactical

LY961 Series 4 Box.jpg
TU162 Series 4 Glock 17 2nd gen.jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Glock Series 5 Box Wings-
Serial Number run-JQ-PP I have no idea of how common this box type is for this serial number spread. Thanks to LA Tactical and Sniper pointing out this variation.

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

Glock Series 6 Box
Wings-
Serial Number run- YZxxx - BNZxxx

Series 5 Glock Box Multiple Models.jpeg

Series 5-6 Lid.jpg

Series 5-6 Lid. Removed 9mm now that Glock was offering more calibers

BGN703 Gen 2 Series 5 box.jpg

Glock Series 7 Box No Wings-
Serial Number run- UDxxx (Desert Storm) CGSxxx also includes USAxxx
(3 numbers) Kiowa Warrior Commemorative pistol
JQ508 cutaway

Series 6 Glock Box Multiple Models.jpg

Glock Series 8 Box Wings-
Serial Number run-

Late Series Tuppaware Boxes (2).jpg

Glock Series 9 Box No Wings-
Serial Number run- CGVxxx - EKTxxx
Also includes USAxxxx (4 numbers) America's Heroes pistols
T0xxxx Glock 17T

Series 7 Glock Box Multiple Models.jpeg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Glock Series 1 Box WIDE Wings-
Serial Number run-

Series 1 Glock Wider Box 17L.JPG

Image provided by geefal

Glock Series 2 Box WIDE Wings-
Serial Number run-

Series 2 Glock Box Wider 17L.JPG

Image provided by geefal

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Glock Series 3 Box WIDE Wing to the rear only-
Serial Number run-

Series 3 Glock Box Wider 17L.jpg

Image provided by geefal

Glock Series 4 Box WIDE No Wing-
Serial Number run-

Series 4 Glock Box Wider Multiple Models.jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saved for further info

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Fantastic posts!!! Thank u!

I'll add to this over the weekend.

Reactions: premiertactical

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Here is the original box for AB234. This pre-dates any US import Glocks. It's the 234th production Glock.

This would be the absolute earliest box varient.

IMG_20190428_112815.jpg
IMG_20190428_112850.jpg
IMG_20190428_113100.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Here is a photo of a P80 box from an original 1983 P80 manual.

IMG_20190428_113645.jpg
IMG_20190428_113814.jpg
IMG_20190428_113820.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Here is the AB234 box totally empty for comparison...

IMG_20190428_114053.jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the support. I have added more images to include the wide boxes and lids for the smaller ones. Date ranges for the boxes listed and noted who supplied an image. If I have an image of yours and did not credit you let me know.

I could use help on the following..
1.Serial number ranges if they extend past what I show or are earlier. I need an image of your box label and interior in one pic. This is to insure accurate info.
2. Geefals excellent post on loader variations will be added. I came up with (6) variations for just the smaller cartridges. How many are there?
3. Manuals. This is another completely foreign to me subject matter. I'm trying to get a sense of which ones were seen with what series. Hoarder? You out there..
4. Clamshells. There seems to be a ton of variation with labels but few box changes. What are your thoughts on adding those here? Another area which I haven't even started to research.
5. Suggestions on this thread. Changes?

Again thank you for so many of you. Great to see you get involved.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I think as long as we bubble up the relevant info to the first post to make it a handy reference, this should be great. I've got a spreadsheet going (and a thread https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/owners-manual-packet-contents.1746710/) on the various manual packets and what's included in each, including manual version. I'll circle back to those and get it updated.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I also notice that the tabs that hold the brush and cleaning rod move to different areas of the boxes.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The AY should be right. No wings and it falls within the range.
Interesting on the CW box and I will also add that ending serial number for that range of box. I’m interested in how long that 3rd series was used as it also falls within the CY range.
Thanks for the additions.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The AY should be right. No wings and it falls within the range.
Interesting on the CY box and I will also add that ending serial number for that range of box. I’m interested in how long that 3rd series was used as it also falls within the CY range.
Thanks for the additions.
The supposedly AY box came with an AY-prefix G17 that I bought that also included one original mag. Both the gun and the box were quite worn. From my research that style tupperware is correct for an AY as well. Given all of those factors I am quite certain that the box is original to the gun, however I cannot conclusively say it is because the label is missing.

The CW-prefix box belonged to a friend that had sold his CW-prefix G17 years ago but forgot about the tupperware. The box does have the label so I can confidently say what range it is from. I paid the massive sum of $40 for it...with a 1987 manual included! I paired it with my 1985 AK-prefix G17 to complete a package although it is not technically correct.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The supposedly AY box came with an AY-prefix G17 that I bought that also included one original mag. Both the gun and the box were quite worn. From my research that style tupperware is correct for an AY as well. Given all of those factors I am quite certain that the box is original to the gun, however I cannot conclusively say it is because the label is missing.

The CW-prefix box belonged to a friend that had sold his CW-prefix G17 years ago but forgot about the tupperware. The box does have the label so I can confidently say what range it is from. I paid the massive sum of $40 for it...with a 1987 manual included! I paired it with my 1985 AK-prefix G17 to complete a package although it is not technically correct.
Hey Marcus99, whats the barrel code on your AK?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts